Chapter 115~!

It was still morning, around eight o' clock but nearing eight-thirty. Canada was still sleeping, having stayed up very late the night before to try and ease his neglected workload. Tatiana, Milo, Tael, and Evan were awake or just rousing from sleep, and France was starting to make breakfast for everyone in the full house.

Well, it was almost full.

Brriiiing~! Briiiing~!

Francis scooped up the phone with ease and cradled it against his ear as he pushed around some cooking food in a pan on the hot stove. "'ello?"

He listened. It was a human, one he did not know. He asked if this was the Williams residence, and Francis confirmed that. "I have a message to deliver to either Matthew or Alice," the human stated, sounding like he was trying to stay confident. Apparently he hadn't expected a French accent or someone who was not one of the intended two.

"Alright, I could wake 'im up or take zhe message down to give to 'im when he awakens," France offered.

"Ah, I can just tell you if you'll take a message," he replied before continuing on with his news. France set his pan off the burner and found a pen and pad of paper by the phone cradle.

Yet, as he was about to scribble down the memo to give to Canada, Francis registered what he had been told; he really registered it. The pen almost slipped from his paused, loose grip, and a frown settled in on his face.

"Alright, I understand. Merci for letting us know," France said, speaking solemnly. "I will go tell 'im now. Au revoir."

He hung up, set down the unused pen on top of the unblemished pad, and turned back to the stove. It would not do to wake Canada up with news like this, so when he was ready Canada would find out. There wouldn't be secrets, per se, but information withheld for a short while. Surely Mathieu would wake up soon...

"Morning, Papa!" Tatiana greeted brightly, ever that first ray of sunshine streaming through your bedroom window.

France put on a happy smile and swept her up into his arms, kissing her cheek and nuzzling her with his slightly scratchy chin because it made her laugh. "Bonjour, ma fleur! Did you sleep well?"

"Oui," she replied, smiling cutely. "Hey hey hey semme down I gotta go get Tael up," she added while patting his shoulder repeatedly. (semme= set me)

"Alright, alright," Francis consented, putting her feet back on the floor. "You should get Evie while you're at it, me cheri."

"Kay~!" She raced off, leaving the kitchen in favor of the main hallway where most of the bedrooms were. She opened Evan's bedroom door and scurried in, smiling when she saw he was obediently pulling on a shirt without having to be told. For a two-year-old boy, he was extremely well-behaved and smart for his age.

"Ready for brekkie, Evie?" Tia asked, and Evan's brunette head popped up through the neck of his tiny T-shirt.

"Uh-huh," he replied, following his older sister out of his room and down to the guest quarters.

After nearly everyone had been pulled (read: Milo) out of bed and down to the dining room, where France had set up a hearty breakfast that made everyone smile while they ate, Matthew emerged from the master bedroom looking disheveled and ready to just keep on sleeping. Still, the noise from all the kids being awake had awoken him, and there was no going back now.

"Daddy!" Tia exclaimed as she darted down from her chair and hugged his legs. "Morning!"

"Ah, good morning, Tiana," he said quietly, using one hand to rub the sleep from an eye while the other hand was embracing his daughter. "Sleep well?"