Chapter 127~!

"Carlea, can you clean off zhose tables, s'il vous plait?" Francis asked with his phony French accent that made me jump every time I heard it. It was so strange to hear him speaking in a voice that wasn't really his own!

"On it, sir," I answered, scurrying over with a dampened washcloth in one hand. I suppose it felt correct to address him as "sir" while I was working.

My somewhat maid-like skirt swished around my legs as I twirled and started cleaning up the table behind me. Today was really picking up, and customers were coming in an increasingly steady stream. We were going to need all the clean tables we had in our arsenal.

~~

"Heyyy zhere!"

"P-Prussia?"

"Uncle Gil!" Tatiana exclaimed as she heard that characteristic "Kesesese~!" coming from the front door. She leaped up and bolted down the stairs to jump at Prussia's legs excitedly. "Hi hi hi hi!"

"Hi zhere, Tia," he laughed, leaning down to hug her back. "You look taller. Did you grow?"

"I do?" she asked, her eyes growing wide as she looked down at herself. "Whoa..."

"Pr-- Gilbert, w-what are you doing here?" Canada asked as he closed the door and turned to face him. "Did you take a jet to get here?"

 "Luddy von't miss it," Prussia laughed. "I needed to take a break from all of zhat. Vant to  go get a drink?"

"N-Now?" he asked, glancing at a clock on the wall. "It's only three in the afternoon."

"Isn't zhere somezhing Alfred says? 'It's five o'clock somevhere', or somezhing like zhat," Prussia countered with a grin. "Come on, let's go!"

"Hold on, there. I-I have to get a sitter--" Canada said, but was interrupted as Vidya waved the tip of her tail around in the air.

"I can watch them for you," she offered.

"... You don't have opposable thumbs, though."

"I'm pretty sure I can take care of them. Or make them do what I can't," she said. "Go on, get a drink with him."

"Come on, Mattie," Gilbert goaded, slinging an arm around the Canadian's shoulders. "You could use it."

"Uh... I..." Matthew stammered, looking around nervously. Wait, wait, this was happening too fast for him to make a decision!

"Bye, Daddy~!" Tatiana called with a cute, royal wave as her father was suddenly being dragged out the door.

"Huh? Eh? EH?" he said, looking everywhere around him even as the front door opened, shut, and he was led down the driveway to his car.

"Really, Mattie, I zhink it's a good idea," Prussia said, leaning against the car and looking up at Gilbird circling downward. "I'm bored, und you're bored, und ve need to get avay from all zhis scheiße."

"Who says I was bored?" Canada countered as he grudgingly opened the driver's side door and unlocked the rest of the car. "Don't think you can keep doing this whenever you want to--"

"I don't!" Prussia said with a loud laugh. "Vhat are you talking about, I don't!"

"Really," Canada answered, sliding in and starting the car up while Prussia clambered into the passenger's seat. "Where are we going, exactly?"

"Kesesese! Don't ask me, I don't live here!" Prussia laughed. "Ve're going to a bar. Any bar! Let's get drunk!"

"I am not getting drunk," Canada promised sternly as he backed out of the driveway. "I have my kids to think about."