10

It had been a few weeks since Scott first met Derek. Scott was wrong to initially judge him, Derek wasn't all bad. Scott was actually warming up to him. Lately he had been helping Derek to try and figure out how Peter used Lydia. He had begged Derek to try and keep Stiles out of it all. Not because he wasn't needed - but because Scott didn't want any harm coming to his best friend. However, Stiles had been making sure he got involved, he even refused to leave Scott's side in school.

Him and Stiles were walking to their next class when someone pulled them harshly around the corner and ushered them into the store cupboard.

"Derek what the hell?!" Scott felt uncomfortable in such a small space.

"Where's Lydia?"

"She's probably in English." Scott shook his head, confused.

"I heard Peter talking about her to someone earlier."

Scott and Stiles both stared at Derek.

"We need to find her." Scott spoke, worry evident in his voice as Derek nodded.

"Stiles stay in class." Derek looked across at him.

"What no way."

"Stiles."

"No Derek, you can't tell me what to do."

Derek raised his eyebrows, knowing Stiles knew exactly what he meant.

"No. I'm coming with you." Stiles folded his arms.

Derek growled, so Scott intervened.

"Stiles, just stick with me."

Stiles gave Derek a sarcastic smile, leaving Derek to roll his eyes.

"The Lacrosse game..." Scott's eyes widened.

"Tonight?"

Scott nodded to Derek's question. "Lydia will definitely be there, she always is."

"So what's the plan?" Stiles asked.

"We kill Peter." Derek shrugged, as if it was the simplest solution.

"We aren't killing anyone."

"I agree with Derek, Peter's creepy." Stiles interjected.

"We just need to find Lydia, and stay with her."

"I can try and keep Peter out of the way, follow him around." Derek added.

"Scott, you're playing tonight." Stiles added.

Scott looked at Stiles, sighing. "Thats why its your job to stick with Lydia."

"Me?!" Stiles awkwardly ran his hand through his hair. "Well you know...thats...definitely not..."

"Stiles, I won't let anything happen to you." Scott insisted.

"Fine, just keep Peter away from us."

"Got it?" Scott asked, getting two nods in return.

Scott made his way to the door the best he could, as Derek held it open for them. Scott shuffled past, ignoring Derek. However, Stiles was a different story.

He started to shuffle past Derek in the door way, but felt the gap closing in on him, and Derek's chest close to him. He looked up, seeing Derek smirking at him ever so slightly.

He took a deep breath, concentrating on Derek's features for a few seconds before he felt a sharp tug to his arm.

"Stiles!" Scott pulled him out of the cupboard.