24

"I'm going on an actual date... with Derek Hale" Stiles rambled nervously to Lydia and Allison. 

"Stiles relax" Allison came into the room holding two different shirts up to him. "This is useless, he has nothing to wear" Allison commented again as Stiles took both shirts from her. 

"You know what that means" Stiles could see a smile creep upon Lydia's face.

"No." 

"Shopping!"

Stiles threw his hand over his face, not in the mood to shop. Ever. He hated shopping. 

"Stiles c'mon!" He heard Lydia shout from outside the room, giving him no choice. 

Stiles had been dragged from shop to shop in search of something to wear on Friday. The girls has insisted on 'smart-casual' - like Stiles knew what that actually meant. So far they'd found him a pair of black jeans, that he had tried to argue against - and failed. 

In the end - an hour later may he add - they'd finally found a dark red button up shirt. Stiles had initially pulled his face, but once he tried it on, he hated to admit that it looked pretty good. The girls have good fashion, he'll give them that. 

Once everything was paid for, they headed out. As Lydia and Allison were giggling between themselves, Stiles could see Scott up ahead, and he didn't look too happy. 

"Stiles!" Scott called as he tried to divert the other way. "Shopping? Seriously? You were meant to meet me last night and you never showed." 

"I...Derek came by." 

"What? Did he hurt you, is everything ok?" Scott started to question him.

"I'm fine. He apologised...he told me about the shirt." 

"He - Derek actually apologised?"

"Yeah, and I believe him too. I, I get why he was so mad at me now." 

"Soo...what now?"

"He asked me on a date." 

"You said no right?" 

"I said yes." 

"What, Stiles? He hurt you, over a shirt. You can't trust him." 

"Scott you might not trust him, but I do, ok. He deserves a chance." 

"Stiles-" 

"It's just a date, nothing more." 

"Nothing more? Don't act like you two didn't-" 

"Wait wait, you guys?" Allison and Lydia jumped in on the conversation at the complete wrong moment. 

"How was it?" Lydia pried for info. 

Stiles' face resorted to a shocked expression, his mouth forming an 'O' shape. 

"Well?" 

"They must've been at it like rabbits" Scott commented. 

Stiles turned to Scott, not appreciating the comment. "What's what supposed to mean?" 

"I'm just saying your past relationship seemed to just be about sex" he shrugged. 

"Well you're wrong." Stiles snapped before picking the bags up off the floor and walking away from the group. 

"Well...that went well" Lydia rolled her eyes. "I'll go after him." 

"We should probably just leave him alone" Allison stopped Lydia, watching Stiles storm out. 

When Stiles got back to his house, he stormed off into his bedroom, slamming the door behind him before dropping the bags on the floor. He sank into his bed, staring at the ceiling.