41

Derek and Braeden rushed back to Beacon Hills as quickly as they could. 

Despite recent events, Derek didn't want to give up on him and Stiles just yet. There had to be some way to fix this mess he'd got them in to. 

"Any ideas of what you're gonna tell him yet...?"Braeden tried to help, some how. 

"Do you think...I mean, if you were Stiles, would you leave your whole life in Beacon Hills to move away with me?"

"If I was Stiles, I reckon i'd do anything to make it work" Braeden reassured.

"He's 17, can I really ask him to move away?"

"Derek" Braeden chuckled, "if you don't ask, you won't get." 

Derek sighed, pressing his head against his propped up hand, looking out of the window. They were still miles away from Beacon Hills, he could tell by the sight of the desert sand being chucked up under the jeep. 

Darkness was falling, and they wouldn't reach Beacon Hills until sun rise, giving him way too much time to overthink. 

"Lydia I don't think this is necessary" Stiles sulked as she followed him back home.

"I'm being cautious" she spoke, as if it were the most normal thing ever.

"Well your precautions are drastic Lydia - DRASTIC" he emphasised.

Lydia took no notice, shoving him through his door, "stop stressing, you'll get grey hair." 

She followed him to his bedroom, hot on his heels before she sat on the lounge chair beside his bed.

"Lydia, really I just want to be alone."

"You won't even notice me" she held her hands up.

Sighing, Stiles flopped on his bed. Maybe Lydia keeping an eye on him was for the best, she had good intentions - despite them being over the top.

That next morning, Lydia had woken up Stiles bright and early - word was that Derek was expected to arrive any time soon. 

Scott had texted Lydia with instructions to bring Stiles to Derek's place. So, with anxiety and excitement seeping through him, Stiles bouncily got ready, and followed Lydia.

It was a bizarre feeling when he got to Derek's. It somehow felt empty, even with a house full of people. It seemed like everyone wanted to see the verdict. Scott and Allison were sat on one sofa, Deaton and Shane on the other. Cora was stuck with Lydia, which was always amusing to Stiles. Cora would seemingly ignore Lydia, (hostility being the Hale's strong suit) but you could tell she was listening really. Oh, and Peter was there too. 

They'd been talking about the endless possibilities to the problem. Peter had suggested that if Derek didn't feel the same anymore, they could always kill Deucalion - like that'd help. But you know Peter, he's always helpful. 

Stiles didn't want to think about it, he couldn't. He sat quietly, and nervously on his own, picking and chewing at his nails. 

An hour had passed, and Stiles knew Derek would be walking through that door any time soon. He stayed at the back of the group, not wanting the spot light on him straight away. He'd asked for them all to disperse once Derek arrived. They needed time to talk. 

And so, with one simple twist of the door handle, Stiles heart started to beat ten times faster.

First he saw Braeden, she looked tired and run down. Then he saw Derek.

His eyes drooped a little, but were still as beautiful as ever. You could tell he hadn't shaved for some time - his beard was a little longer, Stiles kinda liked it. His t'shirt was torn and sandy, Stiles knew this meant he'd gotten himself into a fight.

The group seemed to split apart, forming an almost perfectly clear line from Derek to Stiles. 

It was still there, he knew it was. He felt it. Derek was walking slowly towards him, to which Stiles stood up. 

"Do you still...?" Stiles eyes watered as Derek nodded, picking him up into a hug. 

"Don't ever doubt it" Derek's words were muffled into Stiles' neck. 

Stiles let out a breath of relief. A somewhat cheerful breath of optimism, washing away his worry and anxiety.

Stiles pulled back slightly. "What happens now...will you still love me in the morning?"

Derek nodded, "tomorrow morning, 70 years, always."

By now their friends had made themselves vacant, much to their convenience. 

Night had fallen, and Stiles had decided to stay. 

"What about the Alphas, they're not going to stop."

"I know" Derek sighed, "I wanted to ask you something."

Stiles nodded for him to continue.

"Will you...I mean do you...maybe want to get out of here? Move out of Beacon Hills. We don't have to go far, only out of town. That way, the rules don't apply to us anymore. I know its probably too soon but-"

"Yes." Stiles cut him off, reaching for Derek's hand. "I'd follow you anywhere."