29

"Scott, I thought you said Derek was down here?" The Sheriff spoke. 

Scott had taken Stiles home, making the others stay with him whilst he went back to the factory. 

"What? He was -" Scott looked over the balcony, seeing nothing "he was right there." 

"Is there any chance Derek might've been able to find the strength to get up?" 

"I - no, he wasn't healing at all. Plus, he would've gone to St - to Cora if he was alive." 

"So you think they took him?" 

"They had to." 

"We'll find them. This is a murder investigation now. I'll do everything I can. If you hear anything in the mean time, let me know." 

"Sure." Scott nodded. "Thanks." 

After that, Scott headed back to see how Stiles was doing. When he arrived, the tension in the room was thick - making him feel awful for his best friend. 

"You guys should go get some rest" Scott spoke, looking around at the worn out faces. "I'll stay with him" he ensured. 

Stiles seemed to be grateful for the space in his room once everyone had said their condolences and left.

"What did my dad say?" Stiles looked up, his eyes teary. 

Scott sighed, "his body, it wasn't there." 

"So he's alive?"

Sadly, Scott shook his head, unable to answer. "We think they came back for him, we don't know." 

He couldn't tell Stiles they were launching a murder investigation. He couldn't bring himself to do it. 

Stiles nodded silently. Placing his hand on Stiles' shoulder, Scott flinched when he noticed he was taking Stiles' pain. 

"Stiles? You're in pain..." 

"I'm fine. Its just the bruising from the ropes, hurts a little." 

"Stiles..."

"It's more like a dull ache...everywhere." Stiles let out a sigh. "He can't be dead Scott, I just - I have a weird feeling." 

"You're still in shock." 

"No, it's more like - like I can still feel him." 

At this, Scott perked up. "It can't be possible..." he spoke to himself.

"What?" 

"You can't be..." 

"Scott, what?" 

"Mates..." 

Stiles went to speak but immediately closed his mouth again, not knowing what to say. "That's...no that's crazy." 

"The feeling, what's it like?" 

Stiles shrugged, "like - like I can feel him missing, but he's not gone completely. Kinda like when you've lost something but you know that its not lost, just misplaced." 

Scott shook his head, "Stiles, Lydia...she had a bad feeling before we went in. She said she felt like she was standing in a grave yard. I don't know much about how this works for her but..." 

Stiles' heart beat began to rise again. "I should...I need to tell Peter, and Cora. Yeah we should - go over" he stood up, trying to pull his jacket on. 

"No no Stiles" Scott pulled him back down. "I'll tell them, later." 

Stiles sat silently for a short while, keeping his thoughts to himself before speaking up again.