25

A look of confusion crept upon Stiles' face as he opened the small box. Although he felt an overwhelming sense of love and kindness, he also felt a small subconscious doubt in the back of his mind as he studied the gift carefully. 

From a silver chain, hung a pendant. Stiles wasn't usually keen on pendants, but this one seemed to intrigue him. 

A small silver triskelion hung proudly, shining as the light hit it. 

Stiles gently took it out, studying it, trying desperately to figure out what it meant

Stiles gently took it out, studying it, trying desperately to figure out what it meant. He'd noticed Derek had the same symbol tattoo'd on his back - maybe he should ask. 

Smiling, he placed the necklace around his neck.

~

The next day, he headed to school, the necklace swinging proudly as he walked. 

"Woah - what's with that?" Scott stopped him as he walked. 

"Derek gave it to me." 

"Is he crazy?" Scott mumbled to himself. "Stiles do you even know what it means?" 

"I was planning on asking him lat-"

"Alpha. Beta. Omega. That's what it means to Derek. You can rise to one and fall to another."

"That has nothing to do with me, why would he give this to me? I'm not a were-" Stiles stopped mid sentence for a moment. "You don't think he's gonna turn me...he wouldn't, right?" 

"I mean maybe - I, I don't know." 

"Oh my god" Stiles pulled his face, running his hand through his hair, stressed. 

"I'll talk to him. I'll be able to tell if he's lying." 

"No no wait-" Scott was already walking away as Stiles spoke, not listening. 

~

"Derek's still breaking the rules. Stiles - he was wearing a pendant." 

"So?" 

"It was a triskelion. Derek obviously gave it to him." 

"So now we know it's him for sure." 

"You think he's gonna turn the kid?" 

The older member of the pack shook their head. "We go ahead with the plan." 

"But we still-" 

"We can't risk him turning this kid. We do it, tonight." 

~

After school Stiles had managed to get to Scott before he started to head to Derek's. 

"Just listen to me, Scott." 

"Stiles you can't go alone, what if he bites you." 

"He wont. I just need to ask him for myself."