Chapter 3: Apology

You can pick anyone that matches the description of the characters. Sorry for the late update, the last week was pretty hectic. And that's Leo in the picture above. Isn't he gorgeous?

------------------------------------------

          Sabrina slammed the folders on the desk in front of me, pulling me out of my trance. "Jeez, scared the shit out of me," I said with a hand on my racing heart.

"Oh! I'm sorry. Or am I?" Her blue orbs narrowed at me. "You need to knock that depressing look off your face because you're depressing me. You have been like that the entire day. Be happy. Your shift ends in an hour," she said while crossing her thin little arms. "Get off my chair and get some work done in your last hour."

"Okay," I sighed while rolling my eyes. I got up and walked towards the reception, plopping down on my chair behind the counter. This day started out bad enough with that asshole at the station and this slight headache was a cherry on top. I had completely lost my appetite after the morning stunt.

          I retrieved some medicine that would relieve my headache but would make me dizzy for a while because of my empty stomach. Popping the pill into my mouth, I swallowed it with some water that I pulled out of the mini fridge in Sabrina's office. "Oh shit!" I exclaimed out loud for the few people to listen that were waiting on their turn to go in and get checked. My brain froze as the cold water trickled down my throat. Ugh.

"Ok. What's wrong? You look like shit honestly. Did you really drink a lot that you still have a hangover from your birthday?" Sabrina asked with her brows furrowed together.

"I'm fine," I whispered for only her to hear. "And I didn't drink. It's just one of those days."

"Whatever you say but you are in no state to work. It seems that you might faint any moment now and I don't want to carry your heavy ass," she grinned.

"Shut up. I'm fine. I just took medicine so that it is making me a little dizzy. After a few minutes I'll be as good as new."

"You better be. I don't want your depression to spread across everyone in here," she giggled. "I'm kidding, girl."

   "Hilarious," I said, already feeling a little dizzy.

        The door dinged open, forcing my eyes up in that direction. It was him again. The blue suited man stood there alone this time. He ran his fingers through his dense hair and gazed right into my tired eyes. Looking down, I tried to compose myself due to the medicine that was starting to really kick in.

          "Oh God," Sabrina gasped. "No way."

          I glanced up at her. "What?"

          "I think I'm going to pass out," she stared at the man. I looked in his direction and watched a sympathizing smile form on his lips. Damn that smile. He started walking towards me, coming closer and closer until the reception desk stopped him from reaching any further. Sabrina still stood next to me with her lips slightly parted in shock.

          "Hello, love," his husky voice rang through my ears again with a hint of British accent sending a chill down my spine that I hadn't noticed earlier.

          "May I help you, sir?" I asked unenthusiastically.

          "I just wanted to apologize for my brother's behavior this morning. He is all the things that you said. An asshole, a dickhead and all the other things."

          "He's the one who should be apologizing," I said as I could feel the anger boiling again in me. "He almost hit me but you stopped him so I should thank you for that."