Chapter 45: Wendy Clark

Mike and Wendy in the photo above

Mike and Wendy in the photo above. ♥️♥️ They're so adorable! One of my favorite characters and couple. Who loves them?

This is the new cover

This is the new cover. Do you guys like it? Hell yeah or hell no?

Please point out my errors if you encounter any. ♥️

Enjoy!!!

-------------------------------------------

(Leo's POV)

          "Stop it!" I yelled at the old woman who kept berating Arie. My chest heaved in anger, my hands shaking with adrenaline coursing through my veins.

          Her degrading comments on Arie brought back the sickening memories of the time she did the same with Verona. All I could feel was disrespected by my own grandmother who never seemed to approve of the women I've been with. After Verona died, I refused to see nonna considering she didn't even bother coming to her funeral or even conveying her condolences. Not a single speck of pain or remorse surfaced her hard old features and now that I finally saw her after two years, she repeated history once again by throwing my Arie to the side.

          "Nonna, sentire Leo. Arie è una buona ragazza. (Grandmother, hear Leo out. Arie is a good girl.)" Mike tried knocking some sense into her old conservative brain, but even his attempts were to no avail. Her impudent head had already reached a decision about Arie which was she's not fit to sit on the throne.

"Non è italiana. (She's not Italian.)" She said nonchalantly and intertwined her fragile thin fingers on the table that we were sitting around in her study. "Questa è la fine della discussione. (This is the end of the discussion.)"

"That's enough!" My voice blared through the room, flinching the old woman slightly just before she narrowed her eyes at me. "I don't need your permission to marry her. I'll make her the queen of the empire and you'll sit here and watch."