Chapter 17: Dance With Me

Hello loves! Hope you're doing great today. I've added a song to this chapter and it goes with it so I encourage you to listen to it. It's a really good song. Enjoy ❤️
(Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran)

-------------------------------------------

          "Arabelle?" I stared wide-eyed at the woman.

     "What?" She yelled, looking away from the man next to her and turning her attention to me angrily, making me flinch a little.

      "What are you doing here?" I asked, surprised by her presence.

      "Excuse me? Who do you think you are?" She spat ferociously. I stepped back a little, intimidated by the anger in her voice.

      "It's Ashton's sister, Arie," I made myself known cautiously.

          "Oh." Her eyes widened in disbelief while her voice immediately changed from rage to surprise. "Hey."

       "What are you doing here?

       "I'm here with a friend," she pointed to the suited man next to her who looked like... Ray? What the hell?

       "Dr. Marino?" I questioned.

       "Hello, Arie!"

       "Hi. W-What are you doing here?"

       "I was invited and this," he looked at Arabelle, "is my plus one."

       "Are you guys like together?"I cocked my brow in exasperation.

       "Oh God, no. Ew, no. He's like a brother," Arabelle spat, clearly disgusted by that thought.

      "I think I'm going to throw up." Ray pretended to gag. "Jesus."

      "Sorry?" I shrugged. "You said plus one and that usually means a date in my book."

          "I'm going to walk away," Arabelle strutted away with Ray following her like a puppy. Okay. What the hell is going on?

          "Have you ever seen that guy at previous celebrations?" I turned to Zaya who was staring at something, or rather a certain someone, oblivious to my presence. "Zaya?" I tapped her shoulder lightly.

          She turned around hastily and looked at me in fear. "I'm sor..." She cut herself off and sighed, continuing, "I thought you were the boss. I'm sorry. I'm just a little on edge right now. I don't know if he's alright with this."

          "No one will recognize you in that mask, so don't worry." I lightly squeezed her shoulders, reassuringly. "Even if someone does recognize you, I'll talk to Leo. I'm sure he won't mind." I hoped not.

          "Thank you," she sighed again. "Do you need anything?"

          "You're not a maid right now. You're going to enjoy and not fetch me things. Okay?"

          "Okay," she smiled and turned her attention to the bar. "I'm going to get myself something to drink. Do you want anything while I'm there?"

          "Just some water."

          "Coming right up!" She walked towards the open bar on the other end of the hall and disappeared among the people.

          This party was the most sophisticated birthday bash I had ever been to. People danced to the soft music under the dim lights while others conversed in groups. The women flaunted their dresses and jewelry while the men did the same with their expensive suit, watches, and shoes. New York's finest elites were all gathered up in here along with some famous actors. I felt like I had been teleported to Gossip Girl's upper east side. Just waiting for Blair Waldorf to make an appearance with Chuck Bass now.