Chapter 48: This Is Just The Beginning

(Mike's POV)

          Fastening the tie around my neck, I slid the black suit jacket on whilst looking at my distressed reflection in the mirror. My hair was still a mess, my eyes puffy and red from the sleepless nights. I didn't have my Wendy to sleep with. She wasn't there and now she never will be.

          We would always talk on the phone until we fell asleep, but when we'd be together, she'd always be in my arms. Her beautiful body peacefully sleeping and snoring like a child at times. She swore she didn't snore, but I got video proof that she always denied. Being a lawyer sure did suit her and the little white lies that she playfully told which only made me love her more.

          From the moment I first laid my eyes on her at the fundraising event at the hotel, I could swear my heart skipped a beat. The long red dress that she wore could force any man to her feet. Her hair in a messy bun didn't taint her look, instead it accentuated it even more along with the twinkling diamond earrings that she wore. She was perfect from head to toe and I guess that was love at first sight for me.

Love was something I always frowned upon. I didn't get it and now that I'm in it, I still don't get it. It's a strange idea and feeling. I never felt like this until she came along. She challenged me and wasn't intimidated by my mere presence like all the other women. She was impeccable. Beautifully faultless.

          The way she carried herself, her playful mannerism, her immature talks at times pulled at my heartstrings. She was a mature woman with a childish side. She wasn't scared to speak her mind just like Arie. Perhaps, Arie took after her auntie in that feisty nature. No wonder those two women had me and Leo whipped like never before.

          Now that she's gone, she took my heart with her. A lifetime is what I promised myself to spend with her. Having kids, being grandparents someday was my dream, but it shattered the moment I saw her lifeless body laying on that table. Dead, yet still so divine like an angel. Mi Ángel (my angel). She loved it when I called her that and it was true. She became my sole angel among all my demons that clawed at me throughout the years I've lived.

Horrific things and events are no new guests of mine. All my life I've been through horrors of my own until Leo found me. I trained and became a part of the most powerful family on the planet, but the darkness of what happened in my childhood never left. I was trapped in that dark endless tunnel for years until I finally saw that little light far away. I ran towards that hope and seized it. It was Wendy. She brightened up the entire tunnel, pushing my demons away and I couldn't thank her enough.

My angel gave me a new life and I won't waste it now that she's no more. She was my first love and will always be my only love, but as far as I knew her, she wouldn't want me to sulk for the rest of my life or end it. She'd want me to live my life to the fullest because the truth is that this thing called life is a damn bitch and it can end any moment just like her and our unborn child.

          I will live. Only for her. And if I decide to not live anymore, mi madre (my mother) would reach down to hell and yank me right out to beat me up with a zapato (shoe). And I'm pretty sure Wen would do the same. So, I'll live for them even though everything suddenly has become pointless.

***

(Arie's POV)

          Dark clouds loomed over us, wind hustling to the north, disheveling my hair and tangling them together. The dirt on her grave was still fresh as I stared at nothing. I felt nothing. All my tears were wept away and now the dam in my mind was overtaken by a drought.

Mia Regina (#1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें