Chapter 31: Surprise!

Surprise!!!! Another chapter at the same time. I had this entire chapter included in the one before but it had gotten too long; more than 4700 words, so I decided to break them into two. Have fun.

--------------------------------------------

We waited behind the tall building in the massive line for an hour to get into this upscale club. Leaning my back against the white wall, I clasp my sweaty hands together as my heart wanted to race out of my chest and wobble away onto the busy street. Taking in a deep breathe, I let it out slowly to calm my nerves. It goes on for a few minutes until Soph notices me hyperventilating.

"Arie, I told you that we can leave right now." She grabbed my hand and squeezed it reassuringly as her eyes sadden for my condition.

"No, I'm fine. You're getting married tomorrow and I don't want to ruin your little bachelorette party."

"You'll seriously not ruin anything. I don't want to be here either. If it wasn't for these two bitches," she whispers and points at her two cousins ahead of us, "I'd be home relaxing before the big day."

I laugh and put my arm around her shoulder, pulling her in. "Why don't you like them?"

"My parents wanted me to marry a man as an arrangement to expand their already big business that I'm bound to take over someday, but I'm marrying Rob, so my mother forced me to have these two hoes as my bridesmaids." She rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at them like a little kid. "I hate them so much. Fucking bitches used to steal my toys and pull my hair when I was little."

I laugh and step forward behind her cousins who were stopped by the red velvety rope. "I still can't believe you're marrying Rob. You literally wanted to kill him two months ago."

"A lot changes in just two months, Arie and he changed too. We are happy and that's all that matters."

"It's a shotgun wedding, Sophie."

Her eyes widen as she literally slaps my mouth. "Shut it. My parents don't know and they won't be too thrilled about it when they find out. These two bitches will snitch on me, so shhhh..." she pretends to zip her mouth and throw the imaginary key away. "Okay?"

"Yes, Queen Soph." I laugh and bow to the highness. She chuckles and side hugs me.

"We'll leave these two hoes and go home whenever you say the word. After what happened last time, I'll be by your side."

I hug her back and settle my heart. "I appreciate it. Thank you, Soph!"

"What are best friends for?" She chuckles and pulls me behind her cousins that were now on the other side of the rope and entering the club without us. "Hopefully they get drunk and pass out so that we can have some peace from their excruciating painful perkiness." I snicker and show my ID to one of the many suited bouncers standing at the entrance of the club. Getting the thumbs up from the man, we both enter through the huge double doors into the dimly lit hallway. One hallway led to the club and the other gave access to the rest of the tall building that rested above.

Stepping into the loud club that showered blue and purple lights upon the people dancing below it, I follow Sophie through the hurdles and luckily reach two empty black leathered high stool by the bar. "This is so much better than the last club. That was literally a melting pot for different kinds of sweat." Sophie pretended to gag and placed her palms on the illuminated counter that changed colors smoothly. Wiping my sweaty fingers on my dress, I fix it to make sure the gun was securely hid before following Sophie's lead.