Chapter 43: One Last Time

Love on the brain by Rihanna is ❤️❤️ I adore this song so much. It's so good!

Please vote, share, and comment if you enjoy this!

------------------------------------------

          "You really have my son wrapped around your finger, don't you?" We swayed side to side with my hand on his well built shoulder and the other held in his large hand.

          "Sir, I haven't forced him to do anything," I fired back and narrowed my eyes. "If this chat is about defaming me and questioning my intentions for your son then I would like to let you know that I'm not interested in your son's wealth because I've already dealt with that humiliation earlier tonight and if you want to repeat that then I'm not interested in having his conversation at all and would like to go."

          "This is not about humiliating you." He chuckled and twirled me on his finger. "I like you for my son. You're a good and a strong girl, Arie and please just call me Federigo."

"Okay, Federigo." Still unsure about his intentions, I kept my guard up but there's no harm in hearing him out, so I stayed.

"Everyone sees me as a monster, even my own children."

"You think," I scoffed and bit my tongue. Stupid, Arie. Can't keep your mouth shut.

"This is why I like you," he thankfully laughed it off and continued. "You speak your mind and that is good, but it can be very dangerous at times."

"Thank you for the advice."

"Of course! Moving on with what I was saying." His eyes drifted away into an old thought that saddened his features and wrinkled his forehead, making him look a lot older than he was. "Leo's mother was the most strongest and fiercest woman I had ever come across in my life. She ruled the empire like none other and she was the queen. Her family was the most powerful one in Italy and mine was not so much, so my father made an arrangement with her father and we were wedded against our will. I didn't like her at all," he laughed and shook his head.

"And she didn't like me either. We were complete opposites. I had a soft heart and she had a hard one that no one could crack. She treated me like a peasant for a year and I hated the fact that a woman was much powerful than me and held so much power over the people. I hated her." He chuckled like it was a silly thought and continued. "One day when she was out, she got ambushed by one of our enemies and when I heard the news, my heart sank and I realized that I loved that bossy woman and that I couldn't imagine my life without her." His brown eyes lit up at the memory as he walked through it like it was yesterday before he looked back at me. "I apologize if I'm talking too much."

"Oh no!" I smiled up at this man who I had never met before and I liked it. "I love a good story. I'm a sucker for romance."

He chuckled and continued. "She was the only one who survived that attack. All her guards died and she killed each one of the opposite team alone. She was magnifico." All that he was saying felt like a lie considering Amelia seemed gentle, but the sincerity in his smile spoke louder as he thought about her. "She was like a fierce lion and she lived up to her name. Her eyes drowned them all in her wrath. Those blue eyes of hers could entice anyone."