Chapter 47: Till My Last Breath

🎵You're my bang, together we go bang bang bang 🎵

The song above is Roses by James Arthur. He's such an amazing singer. His voice is incredible and lyrics are beautiful too. I'm totally fan-girling here lmao, but I suggest you listen to it while reading this chapter because it really does put you in the mood to cry.

So something happy now. Escort Me Baby has gotten more than 27k reads, almost 28k and Irresistible Love has gotten more than 17k. That's right. I'm freaking out internally. Enough with that and happy reading!

-------------------------------------------

          My body trembled in Leo's arms as sobs broke through me after I revealed the most devastating news to Mike. The look on his face was heart breaking. He was confused, yet very well understood what I just disclosed. The crimson color of his face intensified as his eyes darkened with an unknown emotion. All I could do was hold his hand as I came to terms with everything that happened today, everything that happened with Aunt Wendy.

"Where is she?" Mike asked softly, his voice brittle and barely above a whisper. My ears were accustomed to the chirpy, happy, brotherly, good, badass, and angry Mike, but never this Mike who was at his breaking point. "Please tell me where she is."

          Nodding to him, I turned around and began walking towards the room where the worst event of my life unfolded, where I lost my family, my rock. Leo warmly had his arm around my shoulder as we entered the room with Mike right behind us.

          Vince was crouched down by Astor, digging his nails into his stab wound, inflicting immense torture on the man. Athena was by the table looking down at Aunt Wendy's body, a pained expression on her face as her hand held Aunt Wendy's with a man right by her side. They all stopped what they were doing and stepped to the side.

          All eyes were trained on Mike as he slowly walked towards the table with heavy feet. His tense shoulders shook ever so slightly as he raked his distressed orbs over her body. His trembling fingers found the pulse on her neck and felt no life in it. My heart dropped even further down into the depths of the ocean of demons that I'd never recover from as the beasts clawed at me and blamed me for the death. They were right. I was the one to blame.

A long held agonized breath left his mouth as he came to terms with her passing. The ground from underneath his feet ripped away forcing him to collapse to the floor, but like a family Leo, Athena, Vince, and the other man leapt forward to hold him up before he could break and fall apart completely. Tape was the only thing holding him together right now and the four people around him acted as a strong glue to ensure he didn't crumble.

I stood there by myself, a tiny part of me still hoping it was all just a terrible nightmare, the worst one I ever had. My mind didn't want to believe this. It didn't want to accept the death of the only mother figure, sister, and best friend that left me all alone in this world to fend for myself and Ashton. My heart bled and wept blood curling tears that wrung through my body. All I wanted to do was shut everyone and everything out to crawl into a dark corner and stay there forever until death finally knocks on my door and puts me out of my misery, but I couldn't do that either. Ashton. I had to stay strong for him. He'd have no one if I decided to leave too and that would kill him more than anything in this world.

My mind travelled back to her unborn child, the child that was supposed to bring us all joy. I was going to be a big sister to that child. I know I'd be too damn old to be a big sister to a newborn, so maybe an auntie just like Aunt Wendy. I would have gotten the chance to raise a child alongside her and Mike. A child that would have held my finger with his or her little fragile hand as I taught them how to walk, as I told them how great their mother was and that's not possible now. She's dead and so is the baby. Mike needed to know. He deserved to know about his child that didn't get the opportunity to grow in his mother's womb.