Chapter 46: Fight Or Flight Response

Warning: Graphic Violence!

Escort Me Baby is almost 20k now and I'm just like bruhhhhh. So damn crazy! People are loving Athena a lot and I couldn't be more happy. Thank you, guys! ♥️

Point out my mistakes.

Please vote, comment, and share. ♥️

-------------------------------------------

(Leo's POV)

"I haven't even been gone for a whole day and this happened." My voice bellowed through the outhouse at the peek of dawn. Ashton had already informed the police of their disappearance and the five dead bodies that decayed in his house. Arie's locket was tightly clasped in my hand as I thought about her well-being. How could I let this happen? How?

          I traced her locket as soon as Gus informed me of their kidnapping, but it all lead back to her house. I went there as soon as I landed. Blood was still splattered on the white walls while white tape on the floor outlined the five dead bodies that Arie alone took down before they snatched her up. The worst possibilities scared me, shaking me to my core just like when I was informed about Verona. I can't go through this again. I may not survive it. She's my life and I don't think I can live if my life is no more.

          "Who the fuck was on guard at that time?" Mike screamed at the men frustratedly, his hands shakily raking through his tousled hair.

          "It was t-the second party," Jimmy stammered, his head hanging low in fear.

          "Get them all in here!" Mike ordered Vince without even looking at him while I tried to figure out where Astor could have taken them.

          "They were rotating. The second party was leaving while the third batch came in place." Paul chimed in quickly as Mike pulled out his gun.

          "Why the fuck did you guys move early? You aren't supposed to leave until the next batch comes and now because of your idiocy, those women have been taken." Mike hissed and neared Paul. "I'm going to kill each one of you even if a little scratch is found on them."

          "Calm it, Mikey." A woman hurriedly sauntered in and embraced me. "We'll find them."

          "Thank you for coming." I looked at Athena before plopping down onto my chair helplessly. "I have no idea where he could have taken them."

          "Which is why I'm here," she smiled meekly and went over to Mike, tugging him into a warm reassuring hug. "Mikey," she said before pulling away. "You okay?"

          Mike grunted in response, fuming like a bull who was ready to explode. "Can we just find them?" He sat in a chair, holding his head in his palms.

          "Okay!" Athena took a seat next to me while her personal bodyguard, Jackson stood right behind her. "Since you've blocked every road that leads out of the state for that bastard, he's probably still here and as far as I know him, he's definitely in a place that we'd think he wouldn't be."

          She grabbed the laptop from Jackson's hand and opened it up, turning the screen towards us. "He has two mansions here." She pointed at the bottom left corner and the middle. "I had men go there to pick up on any movement, but they got nothing. You have seized all of his property in the city and I had the boys check out those too while on my way here, but they're clear as well."