Chapter 36: Broken Souls

Go check out my new book if you haven't already. It's called Escort Me Baby. Hopefully you like it.

ENJOY!!!

--------------------------------------------

"Where is the first aid kit?" I couldn't bring my eyes to rip away from his injured hand after cleaning away the blood with a washcloth.

"There's one in the car, love. You can examine it there, but we need to go right now." His calm voice eerily irritated me considering his face was red in rage.

"I'll drive after I bandage you up," I try to reason with the man as my head began to ache due to my stressing brows.

"We don't have the time for that. I can drive perfectly with one hand while you can access my other one."

"Leo..."

"Love," he lifted my chin up with his left uninjured hand and made me look into his melting blue orbs. "I need to get there quickly. I'm going to drive whether you like it or not."

          "Fine," I groan in defeat and let him escort me to his Ferrari. Once we get settled in, he roared the engine to life and commenced driving.

          "The first aid kit is in the dashboard," Leo said when he found me struggling.

          Opening up the dashboard, I retrieved the first aid kit and placed Leo's palm facing up on my lap. Rummaging through the box for a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol, I looked up at Leo who had his eyes fixed on the road with his jaw clenched tight. "This will hurt," I spoke softly and lathered the rubbing alcohol all over the cotton.

He just nods, giving me permission to continue. Slowly, I lowered the soaking cotton ball to his wound and earned a little whimper in return. "Sorry," my voice was brittle with hurt as I continued cleaning the cuts to avoid any infection.

"It's okay, love," he didn't look at me. I could feel the pain and anger he exuded, but his voice was calm and soothing just like a nightingale. Pulling out a bandage from the box, I wrapped it around his hand while my heart raced. "It's fine now," he hauled his hand away and gripped the steering wheel.

"Leo, I just patched you up. What the hell are you doing?"

"It doesn't hurt that bad."

"I can't keep playing doctor if you don't want to heal," my voice came out in a shout like manner rather than in a calming way like I intended.

          Pulling the vehicle off the road, he halts and turns to me. "Love," his hands begin caressing my face in feather-like strokes. "Look at me. I'm fine."

          "You're not fine. You're hurting yourself more by gripping the steering wheel so tightly."

          "I've been through much worse," he laughed and tried to change the topic. "The claw marks you left on my back hurt a lot more."

          We laughed as I swatted his arm. "I hate you."

          "You love me," he brings my face closer to his and places a soft reassuring kiss on my lips. "Your frowning brows literally tug at my heart, my love, so quit worrying. I'm alright." With another peck, he starts driving again as I placed my head on his shoulder and kept staring at his bandaged hand that laid on my thigh.