Chapter 15: How Dare You?!

Thank you for voting and reading loves ❤️

-------------------------------------------

"I want t-to go home." I sobbed into the nook of his neck, my tears soaking his black suit. "Please take me home."

"I need you to come with me."

"Where?" I pulled away, wiping my tears.

"With me. I can keep you safe."

"I just want to go home, Leo. It's been one hell of a day and I'm tired."

"What makes you think I'm asking?" He crossed his arms across his chest trying to make his point clear with an arched brow. "You're going to come with me for your own safety, and I don't want to hear any of it."

"You're not the boss of me," I spat, exasperated. "You don't get to tell me what I can or can't do. I'm going home. Not with you."

"Arie, try to understand!" He grabbed my wrist and spun me around as I tried to walk away. "I'm trying to protect you. What makes you think whoever is sending these assassins won't send them to your house?" His face was so close to mine, I could feel the heat radiating off his cheeks.

"I'm not in the mood to argue right now. I just wa-want to go home." I choked on my words as my bloodshot red eyes looked into his while a tear rolled off my face and dripped on the marbled floor. "Please," I pleaded.

I wanted to hide in a corner forever after what I did. I couldn't withstand the small puddle of blood that was lathered on the floor and covered my bare feet which made me realize that I almost killed that woman. What was I becoming? I couldn't be this girl. A girl who cried watching cartoons now had blood on her hands.

"I can't let you put yourself in danger again, so you'll be coming with me whether you like it or not," he commanded.

"No! I need to find Aunt Wendy and go home. That's it," I rebelled.

"Well, I guess that's one point for you then," he shouted from behind me as I picked up my heels and began walking away.

"Excuse me?" I turned around and looked at him in utter confusion.

"Remember our little deal?" He looked at me before sighing when he realized that I was completely clueless to what he was referring to. "I persuade you to do anything, then that'd be a point for me and if you are stubborn enough to not do it, then a point for you. Remember now?".

          "Indeed a point for me." I forced a sad smile onto my face and resumed walking away.

          "Have some water," he scurried next to me, holding a water bottle in front of me.

          "Thank you." I chugged the entire bottle down in one take, quenching my thirst and swallowing the huge lump stuck in my throat that was beginning to suffocate me. I wiped my mouth and handed the bottle back to Leo who was staring at me in surprise. "What?"

          "Nothing." He threw the bottle to one of his men behind him and put his hand on the small of my back. "Let me escort you to your Aunt."

          I let him lead the way, but instead of going back onto the field, he ushered me towards the exit. I tried to revolt, but my body started to give out. "What the hell?" I looked at Leo, trying my best to keep my eyes open. My lids were getting heavy by the passing second and I couldn't stand straight anymore, compelling to sink into Leo's arms slowly.