Chapter 29: Broken Marriage

(Leo's POV)

          I watch Derek whisk Arie away, as my feet glued themselves to the ground with the unbroken grin still lingering on my lips. It hasn't even been a minute and I already miss that woman. This was going to be a long week without seeing her.

The massive tent in my pants elaborates how she makes me feel. From her soft, sweet scent to her beautiful voice and from her angelic face to her lovable heart; it all sent a sudden jolt of excitement through me. My mind wouldn't drop the thought of her. She kept running through it again and again. Just the mere thought of her made me feel warm inside.

          My fascination with her increased everyday. A fierce, strong woman is what she is. Without hesitating she stood up to Federigo, the man who nobody has even dared to look in the eye and her slap... oh god, her fucking slap. I have been slapped three times in my life and all three were her gift. The smack that she laid on my cheek today didn't bother me like it did a month ago, it strangely made me hard. The way she looked at me, touched me, dominated me, all just made me excited and jittery in a way I have never felt before.

         After what happened two years ago, I didn't think for a second that someone would come into my life the way she did and it scares the living shit out of me. I haven't let anyone come close enough to pound my heart crazily like the way Arie does. She was creeping up the rusty ladder to the stony exterior of my heart, pounding hard and cracking it enough to rip the wretched beating sucker out and placing it in her fragile palm, dusting and scraping the rocky, cold surface away that I managed to completely encase it in all those years ago.

          Even though I was getting attached, I couldn't do this to her or me. I can't put her through the hell of my world; the thousand fires that are bound to burn her. She deserved so much more than the darkness that my world is destined to engulf her in if she continued to test me like she did today. She was pressing all of my buttons, making it torturous for me to refrain myself from throwing her to my bed and showing her what I could do. Treating her the way no man ever has, giving her a trip to whole different dimension, and worshiping her like the queen she is. My queen. Mia regina.

          Control and fear is the only thing holding me back. Fear of putting her through torturous depths of hell, ripping her humanity away, preventing her from having a normal, fearless life without the tension and constant terror that my world provides. She makes me happy to the point that I've never reached before and for her happiness I'd keep her safe from the horror even if it means I have to push her away for her own good. I'd happily give her up for her safety.

          The sun continued to lather kisses all over my exposed skin painting the sky in various shades of pink, purple, and orange as it dipped further down behind the vast array of Norway spruce trees that scattered themselves all over and around the property secluding and giving us the much required privacy; a major reason for the purchase of this estate. I notice my men rounding the place as usual while I look down at the tent still very much intact, not planning to leave. Fuck! I needed to get it under control before I go talk to Belle.

I turn and stride back into the air conditioned mansion. Walking towards the west wing, my shoes echoed in the hallway that located her room when I hear Evelina's shouting pierce through my ears.

"I don't want to wear this," she yelled at Geana, her personal maid, as I leaned against the frame of the door.

"Ms. Evelina, please. Your parents require you to wear a dress, not a pair of sweatpants," the maid retorted with her hands holding out a lime green dress in front of her.