05. vibrators.

Instafamous
05. vibrators.

✖️

"Here we are," I slip off of Dylan's motorbike, adjusting the wrinkles on my clothes before reaching up to fix the scruffy mess on ny head. I would have gotten the bus this morning if I'd known I'd be spending the rest of the day adorning helmet hair.

"Thanks for the ride, Dyl." I tell him, slinging my messenger bag further up my shoulder. Then I step back, making enough room for his Harley to move.

"It's cool," he shrugs, before waving and sending a smile my way. "I'll see you later."

"See you." I wave back. As soon as he's gone, I turn around, tudging my way up the granite stairs leading into school.

"Someone looks like she's in a good mood," I turn my attention to the side as I carry on my brisk walking, and I feel Chloe nudge my shoulder with hers as she comes even closer towards me. "What'd you do, get asked out, or something?"

"I wish," I say, opening my locker with a combination of 6582. Chloe grins.

"You shouldn't wish, because we're all going stag. Remember?" she asks, pointing to the bounty of posters decorating the High School walls. All probably done by the Media students- no doubt- because apparently, nobody can know about this year's prom unless each poster decor has the workings of an over-dramatic rainbow.

I nod, not in any particular mood to contradict her today. Since we're all achingly single and have been for the past three years, we figured the smartest thing to do would be to attend prom as a group. Basically singles night, just with pretty dresses and expensive make up.

lukehemmings
You're in school?

I read the message on my way to class, not daring to open it yet in fear of not being able to reply and having to leave him on read for the second time in the span of our two-day conversation.

Inside, I am freaking out. And I don't even think 'freaking out' is the correct way to put it.

All I wanted to do yesterday was run around my house, naked, screaming bloody murder because it only just dawned on me that I was speaking to Luke motherfucking Hemmings. And if that wasn't reason enough, the man called me pretty. I'd probably sacrifice seven of my limbs just to have him call me that again.

"Jesus, Hayes. Phones and phones, cells and cells! Give your device a break," Mr Penny, my young social studies teacher and all-around environmentalist, folds his arms at me. I give him a sheepish look before I slip my phone underneath the table, concealing it from sight.

"Sorry, sir." I say, sweetly, innocently, as I cross my legs and tilt my head to the side. As well as being a certified tree-hugger and overly enthusiastic, Mr Penny gets flustered very easily. Meaning I can use that to my advantage whenever I get into the least bit of trouble.

I lean forward, pressing my chest up against the edge of the table before batting my eyelashes at him. I see his Adam's apple bob up and down, eliciting a gulp. "It won't happen again."

This isn't the first time I've done this to him, and I'm honestly surprised at how he can still bare to be around me after all the hell I've put him through. He's a nice guy, and an alright teacher, so it's not like I'm going to do anything to ruin him. I could if I wanted to.

"Damn, Soph. You don't mess around," Chloe tells me, shaking her head in what I can only assume as disbelief. I shrug, taking all of the books I need for this lesson out of my bag.