16. luke's d.

Instafamous
16. luke's d.

✖️

"Baby, you're gonna need to keep still," Dylan frowns, clipping my hair back in an awful hairstyle. "You look like a pineapple, stop moving!"

"Stop trying to change me!" I groan, messing up the sloppy braid and letting my hair hang loose down my back again.

"Sophie!" he whines.

"It's not like I'm going to an event, or whatever! Just his house."

"Mhm, and you're going to try not to get kicked out of his house by not looking like a damn fruit," he tells me, once again grabbing me by the shoulders. "Now stay still, and pretend like you don't want to kill me."

"I'm not that good of an actor, Dylan."

"Hush up. Have you got any hairspray?"

Just as I'm about to pull away again, I hear someone stumbling clumsily up the stairs. "Dyl, Dyl!"

"What?"

"He's here," Chase breathes, his voice accompanying a slight squeal. I compare it to my post fangirl stages, to thirteen year old Sophie Hayes, and can't help but laugh.

"What?!"

"Yeah, he's outs-"

"Our baby's baby is here!" Dylan shouts, running so quick out of the room that he slams his shoulder against the doorframe.

I don't even wince anymore, or feel the need to; sometime between now and yesterday's chaos, I've succumbed to it.

We make our way down the stairs and, through the small side-window, I make out Luke's tall figure. I pause for a second, just taking t all in.

A chill runs down my spine at how good he looks; black jeans, white shirt, leather jacket. Simple, but fucking beautiful.

"Do you want to open it, or shall I?" Chase asks, and for a moment I think he's talking to me. But then I see that he's looking at Dylan, and I raise an eyebrow.

"You do it. You've got more muscle,"

"What does that have to do with anything?" I pipe up.

He looks at me. "It's more intimidating that way."

I frown, but before I can even begin to object, the front door is wrenched open by the only person in the building as tall as Luke.

I'm face-to-face with the man himself, and the one rose clutched carefully in his hand. He has the other one in mid-rake through his blonde hair, smile widening once he sees me.

"Hey, So-"

"Step back, please," Chase says, his voice suddenly very deep and monotone.

He comes out from behind the door, side-stepping me before standing right in between us.

I'm unintentionally pushed back, my shoulders under the care of Dylan's hands as Chase speaks.

"Nice to meet you, Mr Huddings."

"It's, uh, Hemmings," Luke says, clearing his throat lightly. He shakes Chase's hand, frown wavering. Poor guy, I think. "And it's nice to meet you too..?"

"Chase," Chase replies. "But call me Mr Hayes."

Mr Hayes? "Oh?" Luke looks at him, just as confused as I am. "You're Sophie's father?"