13. bumping into luke.

Instafamous
13. bumping into luke.

✖️

I am on my eighth cup of coffee.

The school canteen can only give me so much before they decide what's best for my well being. And apparently, they're not allowed to let me 'overdose' (which I have no idea is even possible or not) on caffeine in fear of my super-important-but-never-around parents suing. I tried to get around that rule, I really did. But they wouldn't pour me anymore, so I just left.

I sit on the bench in front of my school now, shaking. Ashley helped me climb over the fence a little while ago, and now my heart is beating so fast that it would probably beat Luke in a race of getting here if it had wheels.

My palms are sweating, my head is spinning, and I have an unbelievable craving for another coffee; I'm suddenly thankful that the canteen closed on me when it did.

"He's not here yet, Ash."

"Give him some time," she tells me over the phone.

"How much time, exactly?"

"Well, how late is he?"

"Thirty minutes-"

"He's never been to our school before. We're practically in the middle of nowhere," she says. "Wait for it. He's probably just having a hard time finding where it is."

"I hope so."

I have a plan of action in mind and it's pretty simple, albeit difficult to do. I'm going to meet Luke, have a long conversation, and somehow convince him to leave me alone. It sounds easy, and it's probably the most achievable plan I've ever come up with; but unfortunately, I know that reality won't be doing me any favours any time soon, so I'm stuck with the problem of actually trying to run it past the boy with the blonde hair and the hole in his bottom lip where a ring should be. Which doesn't sound too hard, but knowing Luke, it probably will be.

"You okay?" Ashley's hushed voice is what greets me as I turn the volume up. She's in a class that I should probably be in, too, but instead I'm outside waiting for my inner nightmare to arrive.

"Kind of," I say, swinging my legs over the cold metal seat. There's no sign of vehicular life anywhere, and although that relieves me, I'm also very impatient. "God, never mind. I feel sick."

"Are you sure it's a good idea to meet him in the middle of a school day?" she asks me, suddenly sounding like my fake parental role taker, Dylan. "I mean, you should have at least given yourself some time to prepare first."

"I couldn't wait," I tell her truthfully. "If I let it bug me until tomorrow, I probably would have gone crazy tonight,"

"Good point," she says. I hear the sound of our World History teacher nagging on and on about an essay in the background, her words drilling into my mind and making me feel even more at unease.

"Do you know what you're going to say to him?"

Exhaling a slow breath, I shake my head, the gesture more for me than for her. "No clue."

"Do you know what you want to talk about, at least?"

"Afraid that I don't,"

"Jeez. What the hell did you ask him to meet you for, then?" she questions, sounding more perplexed than anything else.

I just hang my head low, suddenly feeling very stupid for not preparing myself for this.

"Ash, I think this was a mistake."