29. english love affair.

Instafamous
29. english love affair.

✖️

"You did what?!"

I wince, moving away from Dylan as Chase instinctively wraps his long arms around me, pulling me into a hug.

"I said, I shov-"

"You told him to suck a dick?!" his voice is higher, higher than it's ever been, and I can't help but feel as if I've just entered a word where SnapChat filter voices have become a reality.

"Well, what else was she supposed to do?" Chase retaliates, sticking up for me in the best way possible as his hand rubs my back soothingly, "You heard it yourself, baby. The guy was being a creep!"

"Maybe she just took it the wrong way," Dylan says, shaking his head. "You know what, no. Let's forget about your weirdo teacher for now,"

"Thank fuc-"

"Beth."

"Oh, fuc-"

"What the hell did that girl do to make you put her in the infirmary?" he narrows his gaze at me.

"I told you already. She took my ph-"

"Oh, please."

"Are you going to let me finish?" I glare at him.

"Maybe she was just being friendly-"

"She's done a lot more things than that, Dyl. Believe me," I scowl, in turn sitting up and feeling Chase's arms fall limp, "I can't believe you think I'm lying,"

"I don't think you're lying. Exaggerating the truth, maybe," he says, in a calm tone, "Listen, babygirl. I just had a phone call from your school saying that you put another student in the infirmary-"

"Jesus," Chase breathes.

"-And now you're here telling us that you had a reason to inflict pain on one of your teachers. Who are we most likely to believe?"

"Your fake daughter!" I cry, stomping my foot ever so slightly on the floor, "I was getting weird vibes from Mr Penny, so I pushed him off of me. But like you said, let's not bother with that,"

"Right."

"We're talking about Beth. And you know me, I'd never get into a fight without a valid reason," I say, "You don't know her, but I do, and she's said some pretty fucked up things in the past,"

"Oh, yeah? Like what?"

Suddenly, we're interrupted by the loud sound of the front door slamming. All eyes turn to the direction of the noise, and I almost let out a sigh of relief once I see the two people coming in through the living room door; Ashley and Bailey.

"What's going on?" Ashley asks, walking over to us and placing the bags of food she'd been carrying on the coffee table.

She eyes Chase and Dylan weirdly, eyebrow raising even more at the view of Chase with his hands on my shoulders. Supposedly to steady me, but right now all I need is for Dylan to stop being so damn difficult.

"They found out," is all I can say, and both her and Bailey nod in understanding.

"What'd you guys think?" Bailey turns to them, grinning proudly and trapping me in a mock headlock. I feel her hand mess up my hair, her laugh loud, "Our little Sophie's growing up!"

"People were practically applauding you when they saw you run past our class window today," Ashley grins, unloading the bags before crossing her arms and leaning against the doorframe.