20. first kiss.

Instafamous
20. first kiss.

✖️

"Jesus, Hemmings." Michael Clifford says, looking at my neck with an expression of distaste on his face. I blush, bowing my head down. "I thought you said you had a date for the night, not fucking dinner."

I want to ask him what he means, but that would require me opening my mouth. And after the events that ensued only thirty seconds before he came in through the front door and almost walked in on Luke with his hand down my shorts, I don't really think I can handle speaking to him right now.

Hey. At least you got to come.

"It's not that bad," Luke rolls his eyes, trailing off into the kitchen. He holds me by the waist on the way there, and Michael walks behind us.

"The fuck you mean, it's not that bad? The girl's got so many marks on her neck, you might as well call her Bella from Twilight." he says.

I'd laugh, but I'm much too scarred from earlier on's close call to do so.

"Cut it out, will you? What are you even doing here?" Luke grumbles. He leans against the counter, hands on the marble much like mine were earlier on. "Don't you have a place of your own?"

"Just because we don't live together doesn't mean I don't like pissing you off from time to time. It's fun," Michael says. He looks at me. "Sorry, I don't think I got to properly introduce myself," yeah. You were too busy shaming the hickeys on my neck. "I'm Mi-"

"Michael Clifford," I finish for him, my inner fangirl slipping out as I take his hand and shake it. "I, uh- we met before. At the diner."

"Oh! Oh, right," he nods quickly, the grin on his face. "Yeah, no, I remember now. You were that girl who told us her name was Ellie,"

"Ellie?" Luke repeats.

"Long story," I mouthe.

"But anyway," Michael says, clapping his hands together. "I should probably get going, if you guys have some date stuff you want to get back to. I'm sorry for intruding,"

"Yeah, why did you?" Luke sighs. He seems much more annoyed about it than I do.

"I wanted to drop by and see why the hell you weren't answering your phone. I was worried. You're always on that thing," Michael says.

"Wonder why." I pipe up. Luke's smirk makes a small appearance.

Michael just exchanges an unsure look between the both of us, eyebrow raised in a skeptical way. He looks a lot like Ashley does when she doesn't believe whatever bullshit I've decided to tell her- but maybe that's just me being a good best friend and internally shipping her with the one person she wants to be loved by the most.

"Alright, then I'm leaving," Michael says. "It was nice meeting you again, Sophie. And Luke, for Unpredictable's sake, pay attention to your damn phone."

"Yeah, yeah." Luke grumbles, following him back down the stairs and to the front door.

It's safe to say that whatever 'mood' we created is gone now, but I don't worry too much, for it'll definitely be back. I pray. I hope.

Later on in the day, Luke gives me a lift back to my house, and I'm genuinely not surprised to see that the lights are still on inside. Meaning, Chase and Dylan are home. Or in my home, which is practically the same thing to them.

"Thank you. For last night," I say, just before I get out of the car. Then I blush slightly. "And for this morning."

"It's alright. Thank you for coming along," Luke says, before pausing and biting his bottom lip. "Literally."