06. babe.

Instafamous
06. babe.

✖️

"Okay, he's just teasing the fandom at this point," Ashley states, pointing her lolipop in accusation at me. She's hanging upside down on my bed, a waterfall of her multicoloured hair draped over the mattress. "Liking your pictures and shit. Does he not know what that does to us poor little fangirls? Especially the kinky ones."

I shrug, exiting out of the game on my phone I've been paying zero attention to, despite it being open for the past half hour.

"Have you two been texting a lot?" Chloe asks, coming into the room with a bowl of popcorn. As well as my phone being a distraction, my computer screen's playing countless 5 Seconds of Summer interviews, too, meaning the girls have come around for the night to binge watch every single one.

"Depends what you mean by a lot."

"I can't believe our best friend is about to get a famous boyfriend," Bailey swoons, rather mockingly, though it still makes me giggle as I watch her place her hand over her chest. "We're living in a fanfic!"

"You're funny," I say sarcastically, giving her a light nudge, and she laughs. "Cut it out, will you? It's not going to happen."

"Lophie will happen. I refuse to let it fail," Ashley points her lolipop at me again.

"He probably talks to a bunch of different girls on Instagam, you don't know. He is Luke Hemmings, after all." I say.

Bailey scoffs. "Right. He's Luke Hemmings," she emphasizes. "The most awkward one in the band. The one who used to be fucking obsessed with penguins. The one who was scared of English Love Affair getting released because it was too 'raunchy' and he didn't want his mom to find out," I wait for her to finish, wanting to know where she's planning to go with all of this.

"Point being..?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Point being, Luke isn't a fuckboy." Chloe states, plainly, as she offers the bowl to me. I shake my head, indicating I'm alright. "He can't be."

"How are you so sure of that?" I ask. "None of us know him. He could the the biggest fuckboy on the planet and we wouldn't know any better."

"Or he could be the sweetest guy you'll ever meet," she tells me. "Yet here you are, leaving him on read every chance you get."

"It's not my fault," I defend myself. "I'm just... awkward."

"No, you're just an idiot."

I roll my eyes, disregarding Ashley's sudden comment as my phone vibrates with even more notifs than before. I've gone up from 9k followers to 17k in one night, and although the thought would have excited me a while back, it just nauseates me now.

I lie in bed wide awake, hearing the steady breathing of my friends around me. The air in the room is warm because Bailey hates sleeping in the cold, whereas I'm the complete opposite.

Standing up, I kick my sleeping bag off of me, being very careful not to make too much noise. I walk over to the computer, unplugging the speakers and putting a stop to the very quite hum of I Can't Remember, before closing the door behind me and making my way out.

The time reads 2am, somewhere along the lines of being ten past or quarter past, but the hallway is so dark that I can't tell. The only light I'm getting is from my phone, and even that's dim.

sophiexbaby
Give me a film to watch

sophiexbaby
I'm boreddd

lukehemmings
Well this is a change ;-)