30. good luck kiss.

Instafamous
30. good luck kiss.

✖️

"You've got this," I say, patting Luke's back in encouragement, "Okay? There's no need to be nervous,"

"I'm not nervous," he says, though there's a frown on his face and his fingers are fumbling together, "Shit, Soph. Why am I nervous?"

"You have no reason to be. It's just an interview,"

"It's not even that, it's a radio interview," Michael pops his head around the corner, taking his earphones out, "It's not a big deal, mate. We've done these before,"

"I never knew you guys got antsy before interviews," I say, raising an eyebrow.

Michael shakes his head, "We don't. Luke does,"

"I'm just worried that I'll trip up on what I have to say," Luke reasons.

"Yeah, right. You just don't want to look like an idiot in front of your girlfriend," he smirks. To my surprise, yet again, Luke nods with zero hesitation.

"Definitely that too."

"You always look so calm in interviews, though," I say, a slight frown on my face as Michael leaves to find the other two, "Every one I've seen, you've never looked like you were nervous beforehand,"

"I'm alright once it gets going. It starts to feel like I'm talking to a friend," I watch as he rakes a hand through his unruly blond hair, sighing, "But they give us these cards to read off of, and it's unnerving having to fit everything in such a short amount of time,"

"Cards?" I repeat.

Luke nods, "Like cue cards. Important tour dates to mention, statements about our personal lives-"

"Such as?"

"Who we're dating is one of them," he's quick to tell me, and my face falls, "But don't worry! Management tried to get me to own up about you and I told them no,"

"You did?" I ask, my spirits being lifted.

"I did," he smiles softly at me, tucking a lock of hair behind my ear, "I know you don't want me to say anything about us. And that's fine. They weren't too happy about it, though,"

"I'm sorry," I frown, feeling like a burden.

"Don't be," I feel Luke's lips press softly against my forehead as he pulls me in for a small hug. "I understand."

I smile at his touch, feeling at ease again. "Do you have the cards with you now?"

He shakes his head, "Not yet. Someone from management's supposed to give it to me as I walk in, so that I don't find a loophole or whatever with what I'm going to say,"

I want him to chuckle, to laugh at his statement and prove to me that he's joking. But the playful tone never comes, wholly because it's the sad truth.

The boys get controlled to a certain extent. Ashton told me the night that they crashed in through my window that it was a miracle as to how Luke even got to contact me through Instagram. They have people surveying their accounts, too.

I guess Luke hid it very well, because nobody at Management picked up on it. I'm also guessing that he deleted our messages straight after they'd been sent and received, too. He went through a lot just to get me to talk to him and looking back on it now, I wish I never made it so difficult.

It's alright though, because their Publicity Stunt managers can access a lot of things but they're prohibited from touching the boys' phones.

No, phones are more on the private side, so every text and call and FaceTime session with Luke remains are low-key as we allow it.