15. i thought you were single?

Instafamous
15. i thought you were single?

✖️

"Oh my god!" Chase screeches, taking a hold of my hand as soon as I step in through the front door.

My eyes widen and I drop the roses, unable to stop tripping over my own feet as he clumsily pulls me into the living room. "Dylan!" he yells up the stairs.

"What?"

"Our little bean's back from her date!" he shouts. As a result of this, I hear something crash upstairs, making me wince.

"It wasn't a d-"

"She went on a date?!" Dylan screams, rushing down the stairs and tackling us both in a bear hug. "Our baby went on a date!"

"Oh, my-" I detach myself from the hug, finding it hard to keep up with all the excitement. "It wasn't a date,"

"How was it?" Chase holds my hand, much calmer now, before leading me towards the couch. Dylan picks up the roses and an empty vase next to the front door, sliding them in with a proud grin.

"The boy got you roses," he says, wiping away a fake tear. "Keep him, baby."

"Baby, tell us everything," Chase demands. It's hard for me to keep up with all the 'baby's, orders and all the unnecessary screaming, so I just suck in a deep breath, attempting to calm my mind.

"We went out,"

"They went out!" Dylan screeches. For a split second, I'm convinced that he's just mocking me. Then I see the tears crowding at the bottom of his eyes and I know that he isn't. "Sorry, sorry, carry on!"

"And we had coffee," I say. He looks like he's about to erupt again, before stopping himself by pursing his lips together. "Then we went for a walk."

"Did you go back to his place?"

"No, thank God." I probably wouldn't have made it through Luke's front door without fainting. "We just talked. Nothing special."

"Nothing special? Haven't you had a crush on this dude for like what, four years now?" Chase asks, seemingly over his temporary fanboy phase.

I shrug. "I guess so, yeah."

"Then why the hell aren't you freaking out more about it?!"

Again, I shrug, suddenly feeling apologetic for not living up to the expectation of their hype. Chase just sighs, and Dylan lays a hand on my shoulder, smiling.

"Hey, at least you had fun."

I did have fun, and if I could, I'd definitely start the day from the very beginning just to relive each moment again and again. But I don't tell them this, because it might get their hopes up for something else in the future.

I sit on my bed upstairs, whistling some random tune to myself as I wait for the FaceTime call to connect on my laptop.

Making random faces at the camera, I jump slightly once a notification pings that the connection's stable, and a familiar friendly face pops up on screen.

"Hi," I smile, moving my hair out of my face.

"Nice faces," Luke chuckles back, raspily. I almost melt at the view of him shirtless, lying down on his bed with one arm behind his head.

Dear Lord Jesus, please forgive me.

"Thanks. I grew them myself,"

"Wow," he says, rolling his eyes, and I laugh. "What are you up to?"