27. petunia.

Instafamous
27. petunia.

✖️

"Stop smiling," I hear someone say, and I look up momentarily from my textbook, "It's freaking me out,"

I roll my eyes, moving my bag away from the bottom of the tree I'm leaning against so that Bailey can sit down. Despite her words, she gives me a smile.

"What are you doing out here?" she asks, tucking her knees up to her chest. "I thought you had English?"

"I do," I say, shrugging, "But I need to revise,"

"Revise what?"

"Religion," I murmur, flicking back and forth between Aquinas, Plato's Cave, and The Fall. RS somehow makes it so that no matter how little the information is, it sounds as complex as possible.

"Right," Bailey says, reaching into her bag and taking out a can. She cracks it open right in front of me, mimicking every single Tumblr meme I've seen lately. Then she holds it out in my direction. "You thirsty?"

"What is it?"

"Fuck knows. Tastes good, though," when I shake my head, she shrugs, taking it back. "Why aren't you in the study hall if you're skipping English?"

I sigh, putting the textbook down. I really should be in study hall- it beats being out here in the cold any day- but I decided earlier not to.

Mainly because Beth Morane still exists, and Beth Morane has pissed me off to an unbelievable extent.

"Beth's breathing," I mutter.

"Ah, yes. Two words I never want to hear in the same sentence ever again," Bailey jokes, and I crack a small smile, "She's not in there now, though,"

"Hm?"

"Yeah. She walked in, saw that you weren't, and walked straight back out."

I roll my eyes, ditching my revision notes altogether as I lean against the tree, "She's an actual leech. Like, a human leech,"

"You can say that again,"

"Did I tell you about what she said to me?"

"Which one?"

"About Dylan and Chase,"

"Dad One and Dad Two?" Bailey asks. I nod. "Love those guys. And yeah, I think you did,"

I sigh.

"Look Soph, just forget it. Fuck her, because what the hell does she know?"

I nod, folding my arms and setting them on my lap. There's a silence that envelopes us, but it's comfortable, so I don't mind it that much.

"Did you see what Luke posted on his Instagram yesterday?" Bailey asks, scrolling through her phone and holding up a picture.

I smile at it; he looks good, really good. And it's funny, because the longer I get to know the man, the less I keep up with what he's doing. I don't think I need to anymore; everything's just a quick text away.

Speaking of which, I check my phone now. And like always, whenever I see a call or even a notification from him, my heart does a flip in my chest; I'll never quite get used to seeing Luke's name on my screen.

Daddy
Please tell me I'm not the only guy to watch Instagram make up videos because they're satisfying

Okay, maybe not name, but contact user.