24. cheeto, toastie, daddy and baby.

Instafamous
24. cheeto, toastie, daddy and baby.

✖️

There are a lot of things that had the potential to happen today. I could have been struck by lightning. I could have gotten a call from Dylan telling me to scrap everything and come home because he'd just won the lottery. I could have even been taken out of school by Luke to have lunch. The simple, little things like that.

Or I could have been picked up from my school by a famous, blue-haired guitarist and his newly-made red-haired friend who has been my best friend for years. That could have happened, also. And it did.

I watch them both with a stunned expression on my face as the car zooms past our school. The back windows are tinted, but I can see every stare locked in our direction as we drive past mine and Ashley's shocked classmates- Beth included.

She watches, wide-eyed, as Michael honks the horn to get people to move out of the way. I have to surpress all of my excitement because I have half the mind to jump out and drag her towards the floor by the ear; I've decided that I'll do that some other time.

Right now, however, I'm focused on the two colourful saviours in front of me. And it's not until we're on the freeway that I lean forward, right in between the leather seats, confusion etched across my face.

"You good?" Ashley's the first one to speak as she looks at me, amused. My eyebrows raise.

"Explain?" I ask.

"Explain what?"

"What this is," I gesture between her and Michael. "And what that was," I gesture behind the car, to the building slowly disappearing out of sight. "Basically, all things that owe an explanation."

"Are you complaining?"

"I hope not," Michael chuckles.

"No. Just wanna know how this happened," I say, once again flicking my fingers between the two people in the front seat.

"That's what I was trying to tell you at lunch today," Ashley says, facing me. "Before Beth became her soul-sucking self and stared me down so I couldn't speak."

"What did you wanna tell me?"

"This," she nudges Michael, before turning to me again. "During Maths today I slid into his DMs and battle-cried when he read them,"

"She sent me a video of her screeching," Michael adds.

"And then I got sent out of lesson,"

"Is that why you had a detention slip today?"

"Three, actually. My screams were continuous," Ashley states, somewhat proudly, and I know that she's not lying because I probably heard her in the hall somewhere.

"Okay. That still doesn't explain how you got Michael Clifford to give us a ride home from school today, though," I say, and Michael chuckles.

"I don't know why you're acting like it's such a big deal. We've met before," he tells me, obviously entertained.

I shrug, and Ashley makes a disappointed smacking sound with her lips.

"Mhm. Without telling me," she states accusingly. I pause my movements, suddenly sheepish. "I wanted to fucking bash the calculator against my head once I said, 'hello you hot piece of Ass-tralia' and Papa Smurf over here went, 'oh, you know Sophie?',"

I look at Michael. "You said that?"

"It was the first thing that came to my head at the time," he replies honestly, turning the car down a street with much less traffic. "You're all Luke ever talks about."