08. jacking off.

Instafamous
08. jacking off.

✖️

"Goddamnit, Ash! You nearly knocked her over," another voice says, and Calum Hood shakes his head as his friend begins to pile a bunch of tissues on top of the spilling blue liquid.

My feet are pretty much frozen to the ground, and my eyes are wide as they flicker between Ashton Irwin, Calum Hood and- much to my dismay, for it'd be easier to run out if he wasn't blocking the doorway- Michael Clifford.

"I'm so sorry," Ashton says, chuckling slightly from where he has one knee on the ground; napkins from one of the tables in his hand as he attempts to soak up all the cleaning agent. His laugh makes me want to die.

He gives me an apologetic look, and I snap out of my trance. "I didn't mean to be in the way and make you drop all the stuff. I was just going to ask you if you could take us to our table, but-"

"I-It's fine. It's okay," I stammer, shaking my head and running a hand through my hair. I quickly bend down, taking the blue tissues and plopping them in the bucket where the wet towel used to be.

Ashton takes a couple of steps back to avoid the stuff getting anywhere near his shoes, and possibly to give me some more space, but I'm still uncomfortable to the point where I have to look down in order to avoid eye contact.

"Good going, Irwin." Michael's voice resonates like a song on repeat in my mind as I struggle to keep myself calm. "You had one job. And that was to get a table, and sit down."

"Hey, you can't say anything. You were the lazy oaf who couldn't do it himself," Ashton huffs.

"I was helping Luke park the car," Michael frowns. My heart practically deflates like a birthday balloon in my chest.

"I'm sorry, miss," Calum says, stepping in between the two bickering boys to stand in front of me. "Please excuse my friends. We've had a rough morning,"

"Our friend almost drove us off a cliff," Michael notes. My eyes widen.

"It wasn't a cliff," Calum rolls his eyes, as if the reinstatement is any better. Then he looks at me. "We were driving on a bridge and he got distracted by his phone. Almost smashed into the railing, but I doubt you wanna hear any of that," he chuckles, and I almost want to laugh with him considering how it's not true- anything sounds like a fairytale coming from him. "Do you need help with any of that?"

"It's okay, I've got it," I reply, finding my voice in amidst all the chaos this conversation has become. "Most of the bleach is off the floor, anyway," I turn to Ashton, somewhat calm on the outside despite my inner fangirl just waiting to make an appearance. I smile. "Thank you for helping."

"It's no problem," he grins. "It's the least I could do for nearly knocking you over. You're just so tiny-"

"Ashton." Michael slaps him on the arm, pausing his sentence.

The drummer blushes. "Sorry. Sometimes I forget it's offensive to label people by height,"

"He forgets we're giants, basically." Calum tells me, and I laugh.

After the initial shock of running into 5 Seconds of Summer- quite literally- I excuse myself, with the promise of getting Dylan to show them to their table as soon as possible. The boys just smile, tell me to take my time, and resume to bickering over countless things that don't necessarily have any meaning to me.

"Dyl," I say, poking my head around one of the many work stations in the kitchen. He looks behind him, startled. "The boys are here."

"Seven winters?"