•4•

The braves were playing the Nationals and boy was it a game. Bryce Harper and Ryan Zimmerman were having a hell of a day, but so was Dansby and Freddie. Both had hit a homerun and Dansby also had a triple and single under his belt.

Right now the game was tied 5-5 in the bottom of the 9th and Dansby was leading off. "Oh god I can't watch." I mumble pulling my knees to my chest. Megan and I sat behind the plate with a perfect view of everything.

Before Dansby stepped into the box for the first pitch he glances back at me. I give him smile hoping it would relax him. Koda Glover was closing for the Nats and has been doing well. "Lets go Dans." I cheer clapping as Glover prepares.

Ball 1. I let out a sigh making Megan laugh. "It's like watching you play ball all over again."

"Shut up." I laugh knowing it's true. I watch as Glover winds up again and throws another pitch. Swing and a miss, Strike 1. "At least if they don't score here we just go into extra innings." I lean forward in my seat.

"True, but I hope that's not the case I'm starving." Megan says putting a hand on her stomach.

"I feel ya, I haven't eaten since breakfast." I agree as Glover releases another and Dansby swings this time though it wasn't a miss. The ball rolls up the middle on the ground to the center fielder for a base hit. "Yes! Atta way Dans!" I yell jumping up out of my seat.

Ian Krol was due up next but Snitker put Jace Peterson in to pinch hit. Megan and I sat on the edge of our seats as Jace watched the first 2 strikes go by. I held by breath as he hit the ball on the ground to Zimmerman at first who bobbled it leaving his only play at first.

Now with Dansby on second Ender steps to the plate. "Let's go Ender!" Megan cheers clapping her hands.

Ender swung at the first pitch fouling it off then watched a ball go by making it a 1-1 count. "Oh my gosh." I breath as the anticipation builds. I watch as Dansby gets a lead off second, the pitcher sees it as well and turns throwing at second. Luckily Dansby dives back safe.

"This is so intense." Megan says all excitedly. That is one thing I loved about Megan she just has an it is what it is attitude.

Ender swings and grounds out to second but advances Dansby to third and bringing up Brandon Phillips. "Let's go Braves." I cheer clapping my hands and standing up with everyone in anticipation.

We all started the tomahawk chop as Phillips starts his at bat. I hold my breath as Brandon swings and connects with pitch, I watch as Dansby puts his head down and sprints towards home fist pumping. The team floods the field attacking Brandon. "Brandon Phillips walks off!" The announcer yelled.

Megan and I cheered loudly as we watched the guys celebrate with Brandon on the field. The guys celebrated on the field for about 10 minutes before they all started making their way back to the clubhouse. I take this time to post a picture I took of the guys.

Dansby Swanson:
Ender and I will be out in a sec, meet us in the hallway of the clubhouse😉

"We're meeting them in the hallway of the club house." I say standing up from my seat.

Megan follows me as I head towards the clubhouse. "Do you know where we're going?" She ask falling in step with me.

I shake my head as I lean against the wall. "No Dansby didn't tell me."

"Well he's not the only one not telling things." She says crossing her arms over her chest.

"What are you talking about?" I question but I had a feeling I already knew.

"Locking lips with Dansby and not telling me." She glares but I could see the glint of sass in her eyes.

I let a laugh slip as I look down. "I would've told you when we got home. How'd you know?"

"Make sure he wipes the lips gloss of his lips next time when y'all comeback in the clubhouse." She laughs as their locker room door opens and Dansby and Ender emerge.

"Ready to go ladies?" Dansby asks as he claps his hands together.

"Lead the way boys." I grin as they head out towards the parking lot where the players park.

"Are y'all ok riding separate?" Ender ask.

"Hell yes, she's being to annoy me." Megan jokes making me roll my eyes.

"Yea coming from you." I say making everyone else laugh along with us.

"Alright you two." Dansby begins. "Come on Taegan I'm parked over here." He says leading towards a very nice Ford truck. Like any southern gentleman Dansby opens the door for me.

"Thank you." I say before he shuts the door and  goes around to his side.  "You played amazing by the way." I compliment as he climbs in the drivers side.

"Must be all those lessons you've been giving me these past few days." He winks starting up the truck.

I shake my head no as I lean back in the seat. "Oh no that was all you Mr. Swanson."

"No really." He argues. "I haven't hit worth a crap these past few games of the home stand but after I started hitting with you it all clicked again.

"Maybe I should just become professional hitting instructor." I joke flipping my hair.

"Hey I could probably get you a job during bp." He laughs starting towards whatever restaurant we were eating at.

"Wouldn't that be a dream." I smile. "So where are we going?" I ask leaning on his console.

"This place Ender knows called Stockyard burgers. He swears they are heavenly." He says as he pulls out behind Ender.

My mouth waters as I begins thinking of what I'd get. "Ugh a double bacon cheeseburger sounds so good right now."

Dansby laughs. "You're the first girl that has ever said she's going to order a double cheeseburger on a first date."

"Hey I'm comfortable with myself so I'm not worried." I shrug.

"Confidence is sexy." Dansby says looking over at me.

"You aren't shy are you Swanson?" I smirk locking eyes with him at the red light.

He laughs and shakes his head. "I play on one of the biggest media platforms out there, how could I? Why, is that a turn off for you?"

"Hey no complaints here. Like you said, confidence is sexy." I smirk.