•12•

Dansby and I both shot up in the bed as his phone rang loudly from the bedside. "Holy shit." I gasp holding my hand over my heart.

"Shit it's my mom." If I hadn't been so freaked out over the fact that his mom was face timing him while we both were in bed then I would've died over the sexiness of his morning voice.

"What do we do? I don't want her to think we're sleeping together!" I exclaim looking at him wide eyed.

"Uh go wait over there and then knock on the door in a minute or two and I'll act like I'm answering it." I think over what he says before nodding.

"Ok yea that should work." I stand up going over to the door way and leaning on it has he answers.

"Hey mamma." He smiles.

"James Dansby Swanson, would you like to explain to me why you haven't called me in two days?" I stifle my laugh as his mom calls him by his full name.

"James?" I mouth to him as he looks over at me before rolling his eyes.

"Sorry momma you know how road series can get." He says running a hand through his hair tiredly.

"But you can find time to call your father." She sasses, I can already tell I love this woman.

"He called me Mom." He groans glancing up at me and nodding.

I walk closer to the door and knock on it. "Who's that?" His Mom asks.

"Oh that's probably Taegan." He says getting up. "Hang on I'm going to get it." He puts the phone down on the bed with a smirk.

"Cooter, the girl he really likes is in Miami with him." His Mom says excitedly making Dansby's eyes go wide and a blush cross his face.

"Girl you really like." I whisper with a smirk as he approaches me leaning on the door.

He rolls his eyes. "Shut up." He mutters leaning down and kissing.

Ok so we aren't dating but Dansby's kisses are addicting. And maybe Megan is right, maybe I need to make him mine before we leave Miami.

Dansby opens the door making it seem like he was letting me in. "Hey gorgeous." He says loud enough for his mom to hear.

"Superstar." I smirk walking past him as we head over to the bed.

Dansby picks the phone up and holds it back infront of his face. "Momma this is Taegan."

"Hi." I give a small wave at the screen.

"Aren't you pretty." She smiles. "You know Dansby is quite fond of you."

"Mommmmm." Dansby complains making me laugh.

"I'm pretty fond of him to." I laugh leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Well Dansby why haven't you invite her to the barbecue?" His Mom ask making me look up at him in curiosity.

"Well Mom I was planning on doing it tonight." He laughs. "But since you already put it out there, Taegan would you like to be my date to our big family reunion barbecue Saturday after the game?"

My face lights up in excitement. "I'd love to. What can I bring?" I ask his mom.

"Oh nothing sweet heart. I've got it all cover, you just worry about getting that scatter brained boy of mine there." She jokes pointing at Dansby who acts hurt.

"I think I can accomplish that." I grin squeezing his arm.

"Fantastic! Well it was nice talking to you Taegan. I can't wait to meet you." His mom smiles kindly.

Homerunजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें