•26•

"Taz baby I'm here!" Dansby calls walking into our house. The guys got home from Toronto late last night but play the blue jays again at home tonight.

"Hey babe." I smile emerging from the stairs and walking over to him for a kiss.

"What's up? You seemed off when we talked on the phone last night." He asks holding me close still.

I see Megan come up from her room in the basement and raise an eyebrow basically asking if I wanted her to stay. I shake my head at her letting her know I had this. "We need to talk." I take his hand pulling him over to the couch.

"Hey what's this about." He squeezes my hand.

"Remember when I told you about John?" I ask as worry builds in me. Dansby nods placing his hands on my knees. "Well I wasn't completely honest with the whole thing."

"What do you mean." His voice was no longer soft and more worried.

"That day at the beach when Megan and Jeb walked in on John hitting me.... it wasn't the first time. It had been going on for about three months." Dansby jaw clenched as I spoke. "And it wasn't the worse either, a few weeks before the trip we had gotten into an argument and when I tried to leave his apartment he grabbed my arm attempting to stop me. When I told him to let me go he said fine and gave me a shove sending me down 2 flights of stairs."

Dansby's nostrils flared in anger. "Taegan-" I raise my hand stopping him.

"Just let me finish. Well he text me Saturday wanting to meet up and I agreed."

"Taegan what the hell." Dansby barks.

"Dansby stop just let me finish." I beg. "Megan and I went to meet him on Sunday, I wouldn't have gone if I didn't need answers. I just needed to know why.... he never said it but I got my answer, he never loved me. He just lusted for me and I know I'm better than that. So I guess what I'm saying is even though I know your pissed at me for meeting up with him it actually helped. I now know how I should be treated and you Dansby, you treat me exactly how I need to be treated." I finish placing my hand on his cheek.

Dansby takes a deep breath calming himself down. "Taegan I'm not going to lie, I'm mad as hell at you for going to meet him without me being here because who knows what he could've done but I understand why you did it. You mean the world to me and if talking to him was all it took to see what you deserve in this world then I'm glad you did it." I smile at him leaning forward and pressing a passionate kiss to his lips. He falls back on the couch letting me fall on top of him. Dansby pulls away glaring at me for a moment. "But I swear if you ever try that shit again I'm going to kill you."

I chuckle shaking my head before pressing my lips back to his.
***********
"Jeremy I swear if you don't calm the fuck down I'm going to murder you." I threaten as we walk through Suntrust Park.

"Sorry sis but it's my first time here so you know I must commemorate every moment." He holds his phone up taking another picture of the field.

"Jere you're acting likes your 12 and attending your first game." I roll my eyes as I flash my tickets to the usher of our section. Megan was already sitting down seeing as she just came straight from work here.

"You're no fun." He pouts taking a seat next to me as Megan laughs at us.

"And your 25 so act like it, damn." I huff raising my beer to my lips and taking a long swig.

"Taegan, Megan. Hey!" Bri waves walking over to us.

"Hey girl." I smile. "Where's Marley?"