•22•

"Dansby are you sure I look ok?" I ask coming down the stairs. (Outfit in media)

"You look gorgeous baby girl." He assures me pulling his shirt on over his head.

"It's not to short? Like my ass isn't hanging out?" I turn around attempting to look and my backside.

"Taz relax. You look perfect. Why are you so freaked out, you were excited about meeting my parents yesterday." He looks at me confused.

"Yea that was yesterday, today is today and today is the I'm meeting your parents and I know how much your family means to you so if I screw this up then your going to dump me and I really don't want you to dump me cause I really like you." I rush all in one breath.

Dansby chuckles coming over and taking my face in his hands and kissing me. "Relax baby. They're going to love you. There is nothing for you to worry about."

"You say that now? But what will you say if your mom decides she doesn't like me?" I continue to panic as I pull at the hem of my romper.

"Ok come here." He walks over to me and stands behind me raising his hands to my shoulders as he begins massaging them. "You just need to relax. You are perfect and I promise they will love."

I let my head fall back on his shoulder in content as he works tension out of my shoulders. "Your the one who should be getting a massage seeing as you just played a game." I laugh keeping my eyes closed.

"There. Now are you relaxed now?" He asks and I nod turning and looking at him. "Good, you ready to go then."

"Yea let me just put Munson some food out and grab the trifle then we can go." After the game we came back to my place so I could have all my things to get ready with instead of being my whole makeup kit with me. "Ok I'm good lets go."

Once we're in Dansby's truck he laces his fingers with mine as we head down the road listening to Holy by Flordia Georgia Line. "You know Ender's asking Megan out today sometime?" Dansby says breaking the silence.

My head shoots in his directions as I stare at him wide eyes. "Really!"

"Yea he told me he was going to do it when they were hanging today." Dansby nods.

I let out a squeal and clap. "Ah this is great! Dans how cute is it that your best friend is dating my best friend."

"Cute I guess?" He chuckles. "But not as cute as you." He grins at me.

"Your a dork." I shove his shoulder.

"Hey you know I was thinking for Memorial Day were going to be out in LA playing the Angles, would you want to take the week off and maybe come out to LA with us for the series and then I'll fly you back home?" He ask with a hopeful glint.

"I'd have to check my books and make sure I don't already have someone on my calendar for then but I should be able too. I haven't been to LA since my senior year of high school for Nationals with my team." I smile widely.

"Would you want me to talk to Ender and see if Megan could go to?" He suggest.

"You could." I shrug. "Or you can have me all to yourself for those three days." I move my hand over to his knee.

Dansby's grip tighten on the wheel as I smirked at the effect I had. I may have been worried going into the other night, but to be honest it was like riding a bike. "On second thought maybe Megan shouldn't go."

"Of course if you want her to in su-" Dansby hand flys to my knee cutting me off.

"No I think it's best if she doesn't." He quickly says making me chuckle. We remain silent as he turns into his parents neighborhood. "You ready?" He asks as he opens my door for me.

"As I'll ever be." I sigh taking it and starting towards the house. Dansby pulls me to a stop pressing a soft kiss to my lips.

"Relax." He whispers pulling away.

I take a deep breath raising my shoulders and and letting them fall again. "Alright." I let Dansby lead me through the gate into the back yard.

"Dansby!" His mom called walking over to us with her arms opened wide.

"Hey momma." He smiles leaning down to hug her.

His mom unwraps her arms from around his neck and turns to me smiling. "Oh you're even more beautiful in person. I'm Nancy." She leans in to hug me.

"Taegan. It's so nice to finally meet you." I admit letting her squeeze me.

"On same to you darling. I've been dying to meet you, Dansby never stops talking about you and I can see why." I blush looking at Dansby who just stands there beaming. "Cooter come here!" She calls waving her husband over.

"Yes dear?" He says coming over.

"This is Taegan, Dansby girlfriend." She grins wrapping an arm around me.

"Taegan Zaiser." I smile sticking my hand out and shaking his.

"Cooter Swanson. So you know Jimmy?" He ask wrapping his arm around his wife, honestly they are adorable.

"I do, Jimmy's been my hitting coach since I was 6." I nod.

"Wait are you the one who won freshman of year a few years ago?" His dad ask raising his eyebrow.

I nod with a smile. "Yes sir."

"Well all be darn he was super proud of you. Now you played at UGA right?" He questions.

"I did, I played 1st base." I say as Dansby wraps his arms around my waist from behind.

"Didn't you break the home runs in a single season record too?" Wow Jimmy must really talk about me.

"Yes sir, my junior year. I was 3 away from topping it again my senior year." I lean back into Dansby's arms.

"Dansbyyyyyyyy!" I little voice yells making us all turn as an adorable little girl comes running and jumping into Dansby's arms.

"Lily!" Dansby cheers picking her up. "How's my favorite little cousin?"

"Great! I'm coming to your game Tuesday!" She yells putting her hands on his shoulders. "My whole team is coming!"

"Well will you make me a sign?" He asks her with a grin.

"Of course silly!" She takes his face in her hands. "Who's she?" She whispers pointing at me.

"This is my girlfriend Taegan. Taegan this is Lily my cousin." He turns her towards me.

"Hi Lily." I wave as she shys away.

"Lily, Taegan played softball too." He tells her and her face lights ups.

"I play short stop likes Dansby!" She proudly states. "Where did you play?"

"I was a first baseman." I smile.

"My best friend plays first base." She grins.

"Wanna know a secret?" I ask leaning close to her as she nods excitedly. "I like short stops more than anyone else."

She smiles widely. "I like her!" Her head turns to the pool as her eyes light up. "Mommy can I get in the pool!" She yells wiggling out of his grasp and running off.

"She's adorable." I grin watching her run away.

"She really is. I love playing with her." He smiles watching after her.

"Well it's obvious she is fascinated by you." I say wrapping my arms around him.

"Well I try to be a good influence for her." He says as he eyes the little girl tugging on her mom.

"Your a good influence on everyone." I lean up pressing a kiss to his cheek.