•57•

"James Dansby Swanson if you do not put that down right now I swear your ass will be sleeping on the couch!" I screech backing away from Dansby as he laughs.

"It's just a little garden snake Tae, he won't hurt you." He says advancing towards me.

"Take one more step and you better be prepared to sleep on that couch." I threaten moving behind the grill.

Dansby chuckles as he walks over to the fence and toss the snake over. "Better?" He asks with an amused grin on his face.

"Go wash your hands." I point to the sink in the kitchen.

"Yes Mom." He teases kissing my cheek as he walks by.

I shake my head as follow him into the house closing the glass door behind me after the dogs run in. Dansby had gotten home from an away series a couple hours ago. We decided a nice relaxing night at home is just what the doctor ordered. That is until Dansby found a snake outside and decided to torcher me for 20 minutes with it.

Walking over to the stove I open it up checking our chicken parmesan I was making. The Braves game was playing lightly in the back ground as I moved about the kitchen preparing dinner. Dansby has been down in the minors a little over a month now and there's already rumor of him getting called back up but we haven't been paying to much attention to the talk.

As I begin putting the salad together Dansby walked up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist. His chin rested on my shoulder as I tossed the salad.

"I can't wait for the off season." He says lacing his fingers in-front of me.

"Mmhhh why's that?" I ask curiously.

"Because I miss you and we don't get to do things like this enough durning the season." He says kissing my cheek.

"And what is this?" I tease turning around in his arms.

"Making dinner together." I let out a laugh as I shake my head and lay a hand on his chest and push back slightly.

"Dansby honey this is me cooking dinner and you randomly kissing me." I laugh.

"Exactly making dinner!" Dansby's phone starts ringing on the counter. Glancing over I see the name John Coppolella lighting up,

"Dans is Coppolella." I say handing him the phone.

Dansby takes the phone before stepping outside onto the back porch. Not wanting to bother him I busy myself in the kitchen taking out the chicken before wandering into the laundry room changing over a load to the dry.

"What do you think daddy is taking to Coppo about?" I ask Bentley who's following me around. "I'm sure it's good."

"Tae!" Dansby yelled walking back in the sliding door. "I'm back up!"

I let out a squeal and throw my arms around his neck and pressing a fierce kiss to his lips. "What made them call you back up?" I ask pulling away.

"Camargo just hyper extended his knee, I'm the best option. They said they've been talking about it for a week or two now but this is the perfect opportunity." I could see the excitement in his eyes.

"Well I proud of you Dans, you've been working so hard. Now I know you wanna go call your dad so go." I laugh smacking his butt as he jogged off to probably our bed room.

From: Meg👯
Is it true? Dans getting called back up!

To: Meg👯
Yes! We just got the call!