~50~

The sound of the alarm going off beside us drew a groan from my lips. "Turn it off Dans." I groan hiding my face in his bare chest.

"We gotta get up." He mumbles kissing my head.

"I don't wanna." I whine kissing his chest.

"Just think, it will be worth it when you're laying on the beach." He was right and I hated it.

"Ugh I'm so mad." I grumble throwing the covers off and walking into Dansby's bathroom.

Over the past few months I've started to accumulate things here as Dansby as he has at mine as well. "Babe can you hand me my toothbrush?" Dansby points to the other side of me as I brush my teeth.

"Hwere." I say with my mouth full of toothpaste. After going through our normal routine Dansby and I load up the car and head towards the airport.

Seeing as its only 5:45 and we've left the house I was paying no attention to what Dansby was wearing. When I look over at him as he's driving I notice my headband in his hair.

"Is that my headband?" I laugh reaching over and pulling it from his curls.

"Maybe." He grins sheepishly.

"Stay out of my stuff you doofus, I was trying to find this last night to pack it!" I say hitting his chest.

"Sorry I threw it in my back before we headed to Washington." He admits making me laugh.

"Buy your own headbands." I tease leaning back and closing my eyes again. Dansby's hand fell to my thigh sending calmness through me.

After finding the ring last night I made Megan put it back where she pulled it from. I can't help wonder when he's going to give it to me though, like did he bring it on the trip?

Once we arrive to the airport Dansby and I make our way to the gate. Of course people would stop and ask Dansby for an autograph but I didn't mind, I love seeing how happy he makes people and the look on his face tells me he loves it to.

"Sorry about that." He apologizes as he reaches for my hand.

"No problem, I'm not in any rush. We have plenty of time." I smile.

"Speaking of, since we go have 1 1/2 before we begin boarding do you want to grab some breakfast here?" We had over estimated how long it would take us to get through security.

"Sure but can we go to chicken and beer?" I ask hopeful. I love that place.

Dansby turns his head to look at me confused. "It's a little early for beer Taz."

I laugh shaking my head. "I'm not getting beer obviously, but they seriously have some of the best chicken and waffles!"

"If that's what you want." He agrees throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"Oh hey!!!!!" Dansby and I both turn at the sound of the familiar voice down the terminal.

"Deja de gritar mi amor." Ender laughs shaking his head at our friend.

"Sorry babe." Megan giggles as the approach us.

"Hey! Thought y'alls flight was at noon?" Dansby says wrapping his arm around my waist.

"It was, the all-star group called and said they found and earlier flight, why not get out there earlier?" Ender shrugs.

"He's just lucky I got ready in time to be here this early." Megan comments making Ender playfully roll his eyes.

"Well we're going to get something to eat if y'all want to join." I offer.

"No thanks, he knew he had to feed me before he got me out in public around people so we stopped at Bojangles." Megan laughs.

"Ok well then I guess we'll see y'all when we get back. Hey good luck out there man. We'll be rooting for you." Dansby says as him and Ender bro hug.

"We'll be watching." I tell Ender as I hug him. "Good luck, hit a homer."

"I'll try." He laughs as I move to hug Megan.

"Have fun, don't do anything I wouldn't do." I warn her.

"That's not much." She jokes making me shove her back lightly.

"No but really. Have fun." I laugh.

"I will. You too." She waves as her and Ender head to their terminal.

*******
I take a deep breath as I lean back in the seat preparing for take off. "You ok?" Dansby asks intertwining our hands.

"Yea I'm just not a fan of take off." I admit. "Once we're in the air I'm fine but it's the getting up there part that gets me."

Dansby takes my hand and intertwines out fingers. "Taking off is the fun part."

"Nope. I disagree." I shake my head. I feel the plane begin to pick up speed.

I lean back and close my eyes focusing on my breathing. "Taz." Dansby says catching my attention when I turn to him he presses his lips to mine in a slow kiss. I kiss back entangling my hands in his hair. When he pulls away I realize we are already up and I had paid no attention to it.

"Told you it's not that bad." He smirks leaning back.

"Not when we go through it that way." I laugh laying my head on his shoulder.

"Tired." He ask laying his hand on my thigh. I nod not responding and just closing my eyes. "It's a 2 hour flight so go ahead and sleep babe."

I shake my head looking up at him. "No I want to spend every minute with you I can, y'all have a long road trip coming up and I'm going to miss you."

Dansby smiled and leaned down kissing me softly. "Wanna watch a movie?" He asks pulling away.

"Sure." I nod.

*Dansby's POV*

About have way through the movie I looked down to see Taegan asleep. Ever since the John thing I've noticed how clingy Taegan has become. Not that I don't completely understand though. It's small things like never wanting to be alone. When I was away on the road trip Megan told me usually whe Tae gets off before her she would always go home and just wait around for but since the accident she's been going over to Jeremy and Nicole's until Megan got home.

When I'm home she has been at my house 24-7, the strange thing is, I love it. I love having her in my arms every morning when I wake up. Taegan won't admit it but I know deep down she's still scared. I've been thinking about asking her to move in with me but I'm not sure how that would go over seeing as she lives with Megan. Talking to Ender though it seems like he may be reaching that point with Megan too which would be good.

Taz lets out a groan and slowly sits up opening her eyes. "Morning beautiful." I smile.

"Hmmm damn I didn't mean to fall asleep." She mumbles running her eyes.

"You needed it, you haven't slept well the past few weeks." She didn't think I noticed but I have.

"How do you know?" She questions, her blues eyes going wide.

"Babe I can see it. You look tired, you always fall asleep after me now and that NEVER use to happen." It's the tiny things I've been picking up on.

Taegan looked down at her hands in her lap. "Do you want to talk about it?" I offer taking her hand.

"Not here, can we talk in the hotel room?" She asks quietly.

"Of course babe, you know I'm always going to listen to you." I assure her.

Leaning up she kisses my cheek, something that always gives me tingles. "Thank you for being you Dans."