•70•

"Half pint!" I smile seeing my papa rising from his chair.

"Hey papa." I grin as he wraps me in one of his famous hugs.

"How's my favorite grandchild doing?" He asks.

"Richard you know you're not suppose to have favorites!" My Mimi scolds making papa wink at me.

"Oh Emily, Taegan is obviously both ours favorite. Just don't let your cousins know." He whispers holding his finger to his lips.

"My lips are sealed." I laugh acting as if I zipped my lips.

"Who's this handsome gent." Mimi questions eying Dansby's arm around my waist.

"Mimi. Papa this is my boyfriend Dansby. Dans this is my Mimi and Papa." Dansby extends his hand giving my grandfathers a shake.

"Dansby Swanson sir. It's nice to meet you." He greets.

"Like wise son. Say don't you play baseball." I already knew my mother had already filed my papa in on everything he needed to know but that isn't gonna stop him from asking.

"Yes sir. I play for the Atlanta Braves." Dansby nods.

"Ah right. Short Stop. Quite a backhand you've got." My grandfather compliments.

"Well thank you sir." Dansby smiles.

"Treating my granddaughter right I expect." My papa's stare intensifies.

"Better than I deserve." I step laying my hand on Dansby's abdomen.

"Good good. Better than that John fella I'm sure." It was no secret that man grandparents did not like John.

"Richard." Mimi warned. "Heavens to Betsy, Emily I'm allowed to say his name!" 

"Taegannnnnnnn!" Conversation was stopped by the voice of my 16 year old cousin busting into the room as Dansby sees my dad and walks over to him.

"Callie hey." I smile as she hugs me I notice a boy trailing behind her awkwardly. "Looks like you've got a shadow."

Callie nods waving the boy over. "Taegan this is my boyfriend Caleb. Caleb this is my cousin Taegan, she played softball at Georgia." Callie brags.

"Nice to meet you Caleb." I smile.

"Um you too." He awkwardly responds.

"So mom told me you were bringing your new boyfriend where is he!" She squealed.

I laugh and turn searching the room for my curly haired man. "Uh I'm not sure he wondered off. As soon as I find him I'll bring him to you." I promise.

"Yes please do." She says before taking Caleb's hand and walking away.

Turning around I make my way around the cabin to find Dansby. Entering the kitchen I find my momma, aunt, Mimi, and Nicole all talking in the kitchen.

"Hey momma. Have y'all seen Dansby?" I ask kissing her cheek.

"Yes he just went upstairs with your dad to take y'alls bags." She tells me.

"Oh ok who are we sharing with?" I ask.

"No one. We rented the cabin next door this year too so it will be all the kids in this one and us adults over in the other one."  I had to with hold my smile knowing Dansby and I weren't going to be sharing with my brother. 

Our cabin and 5 bedroom but with 8 grandkids it get crowded fast, especially when we all start dating so I guess they decided to expand this year.