•6•

"What's your proudest moment?" I ask Dansby taking another sip of wine.

We have been in the hot tube forever now and we haven't shut up since we got in. Currently I was tucked under his arm with my head on his shoulder as we just sat and talked, drinking our wine.

Dansby sighs as he raises his glass to his lips. "You know I want to say the moment I got drafted but honestly it's not." I look up at him wanting him to continue and he does. "If I had to choose it'd be the moment I told my momma I was coming home." Cue the swoon. This boy knows how to tug on some heart strings. "What about you? What's your proudest moment?" He ask letting his fingers dance across my shoulder.

"Walking across the stage of Sanford Stadium to get my degree." I answer honestly. "When I was little I grew up spending my Saturday's in Athens and getting to start my life on the field was the best feeling in the world."

Looking up I see Dansby smiling down at me. Slowly he leans down and presses his lips to mine. Pulling sways slowly I smile. "What was that for?"

"Because I wanted to." He shrugs.

"Well you should want to more often." I say leaning forward and pressing my lips to his again. This time he settles his hands on my waist as we really get into the kiss. We only pull away when the hot tub cuts off. "What the.." I say pulling away and looking down at the now calm black water.

"It's got a timer on it for three hours." He laughs. "Guess that's our cue to head in then though." He begins standing up.

"Awww but I don't want to." I pout sinking deeper into the hot tub.

Dansby shakes his head at me. "Come on its late." He holds his head how for me to take.

"How late?" I ask grabbing it and letting him help me out.

"Well it's 1:32." He says as he hands me a phone and checks his phone.

"How? It was only like 10 when we got in!" I exclaim checking my phone and seeing multiple messages from Megan.

Meg👯 (8)
1 hour ago: Where are you?

1 hour ago: Tae😐

56 minutes ago: I love how you think this is funny😤

43 minutes ago: TAEGAN ANNABELLE ZAISER IF YOU DO NOT ANSWER I WILL MURDER YOU.

41 minutes ago: I'm checking your location.📍

33 minutes ago: Ok no longer planning on murdering you...

32 minutes ago: I sent Ender your location and he said it's Dansby's.

31 minutes ago: All is good I'm going to bed🙃 no longer stressing

"I'm the worse friend." I groan leaning on Dansby's kitchen counter.

"Why?" He questions rinsing out our glasses.

"I never told Megan I was here and she was freaking out." I say rubbing my temples.

"Want me to take you home?" He offers.

I shake my head no. "No we've both been drinking, I'll just call an uber." I begin pulling out my phone.

I'm stopped by Dansby pushing the phone down. "No you aren't, just stay here tonight."

"I don't need to do that. Really I'll just call a cab." I argue trying to dial again but end up having my phone snatched from my hand.

"Like I'm really going to let you call a cab alone this late at night." He rolls his eyes. "You're staying here and I'll take you home in the morning."

"Dansby I have to be at work at 9 so you'd have to have my at my house by 8." I say hoping he'll not want to wake.

"That's fine you only live 8 minutes from here." I smiled at how he had precisely timed how long it took him to get here from my place.

"Dans..." I go to protest but he stops me.

"Taegan, just shut up and except my offer." He laughs. "I'm serious, you're staying here you don't have an option."

"Ok." I give in with a nod.

"Great, look I can give you a shirt to sleep in if you need." He offers as he heads down to his room.

"No I brought a shirt and shorts to change into after, I'll just sleep in that." I say reaching for my bag. "Mind if I use your bathroom?"

"Go right ahead." He says before turning into his closet.

Shutting the door to the bathroom I take a deep breath and pull out my phone to text Megan.

Me:
Staying the night at Dans, I'll see you in the morning

Locking my phone I step out of my bathing suit and into my shorts and t-shirt. Grabbing a washcloth I whip my makeup off my face and then hang my bathing suit on his shower to dry.

"Where can I put this dirty washcloth?" I ask walking out to see Dansby standing there shirtless and in pajama pants.

I've gotta say this man has one hell of a body. If I was anybody else I probably would've jumped his bones, but that's just not me. "You can put it in my hamper right there." He points as he walks to his bed and grabs a pillow before heading towards the door.

"Where are you going?" I question eyeing him.

He looks at me confused. "Couch, you can have my bed."

"I am NOT kicking you out of your bed." I argue crossing my arms. "I'll take the couch." I say taking the pillow from his arms.

"Yea like I'm gonna let you sleep on the couch." He sasses but I only eye him. "How bout we both take the bed. I mean it is a king so it's huge." He offers.

I uncross my arms and stare at him for a second. "Fine. But Bentley gets to sleep up here too. And don't try to tell me she normally doesn't because I can see the dip in the bed where she normally lays."

Dansby laughs nodding. "Sounds like a deal." He walks over to the door and opens it up letting Bentley in who runs and jumps up on the bed and lays down.

I make my way to the side I can tell is never slept on while Dansby turns out the lights. With all the lights out Dansby climbs in bed next to me. We lay there in silence for a minute not touching. "I'm not going to bite you know." He says after a moment.

"I know." I say laughing lightly. "I'm just not normally like this." I admit honestly.

"Like what." He asks moving closer.

I sigh turning on my side and looking at him. Even in this low light I can still make out his outline. "I don't move this fast Dansby. I'm not a very open person because I've been hurt."

"I'm not going to hurt you Taegan." He attempts to assure me as he wraps his arms around me.

"I hope not." I mumble melting into him.