•36•

"Jeremy oh my god please tell you are not seriously looking at that ring." I say walking over to where he was looking at what I may consider the ugliest ring I've ever seen.

"Do you not like it?" He asks picking it up.

I shake my head pushing his hand down. "Oh my god no, come look at these." I lead him over  to the sets I was looking at.

"These are huge." He gawks picking up one. "Holy fuck and expensive."

"Oh my god you're a lawyer! You can afford this! Anyways I'm not looking at the size I'm looking at the quality, like this one, it's smaller but perfect." I hold up a ring that I think would be perfect for Nicole.

"Oh that's actually... I really like this one." He takes it from my hand and examines it closer.

"Well duh of course you do I picked it out." I dramatically flip my hair making him roll his eyes at me.

His eyes slowly drift across the case though and land on a gorgeous princess cut diamond. "What do you think about this one?" He picks it up.

"It's gorgeous." I smile watching as he admires it.

His eyes lit up as he looks up at me. "Think she'll like it?"

I give him a nod. "She'll love it Jere. Just like she loves you."

"I'll take this one." He says looking up at the lady behind the counter. She nods taking it from him and going to ring him up. "I'm doing it tonight." He says turning to me.

"I'm proud of you Jere." I smile wrapping my arms around him. "My wittle brother is growing up." I tease pinching his cheeks.

"Shut up I'm older than you Tae." He pushes my hands way.

"I know but still it's good to see you taking responsibility. Say what if I host a celebratory cookout for y'all Sunday? Dansby plays at 1:35 so we could all come over around 4 and just have a good time." I offer.

"Nicole would love that I'm sure." He nods.

"Great then it's a date! I'll plan it all you just get you, my future sister in law and future niece or nephew there." I exclaim.

"I can do that." He laughs.

"Great then I'll talk to you tonight, but right now I've got to get to the park." I kiss his cheek before walking out to my car.

Getting in I see it's nearly 6 and I won't make it to the field in time to see Dansby before the game. Pulling out phone I send him a quick text.

To: Dans❤️💙
Not gonna make it to the field before the game but good luck out there tonight superstar😘 keep your head up know matter how the game goes.

From: Dans❤️💙
Thanks baby😘 see you after the game

I smile placing my phone down in the cup holder as I back out. Honestly Dansby and I are in such a good place right now. Last night Megan and I laid on the couch for 3 hours talking about our guys. Last night I came to the revelation that I was in fact head over heels in love with Dansby Swanson. It honestly scares me. The last time I fell for someone I got hurt.

I shake the thoughts as I pull up to the house and lay on the horn. Moments later Megan comes running out like a hot mess. "Damn what took you so long?" She asks opening the passenger door.

"Sorry Jere and I went to 3 different jewelry stores." I laugh lightly putting the car in reverse.

"Did he find one?" I nod excitedly. "Ah yay! I always knew they'd get married."