17 - Bigender (Part 2)

* Length: 1152 words
Part two of the Bigender one shot series. Starts fluffy, but prepare for drama.

Yuri still has he/him pronouns for this!
Trigger warning for violence.

~

Yuri smiles while the raven haired boy sleeps with his arm around him. Steady breaths indicate he's deep in slumber.

Yuri lets yesterday's events flash through his head. He remembers Otabek accepting him as bigender. He ended up taking Yuri back home to wear a dress to the banquet.

The blond blushes at the memory. He must really care about me. He thinks to himself. Yuri nuzzles his head further into Otabek's chest.

Otabek stirs softly. Looking at the clock, it lables 8:30am. Yuri, being an earlybird, shimmies out of his boyfriends grip and hops out of bed.

He slips on some clothes. A maroon gender-neutral flannel over a white flowy skirt. Yuri grins at his reflection and twirls in a circle.

Before leaving the bedroom, Yuri looks behind him to watch Otabek in his peaceful state. He looks so different when he's sleeping.

Yuri pops out of the doorframe and into the kitchen. He grabs eggs out of the fridge and flips them onto a frying pan. Scrambled eggs for two. He makes buttered toast and cooks four sausages, though he knows Otabek will end up eating them all.

Yuri finishes cooking breakfast and his lover enters the kitchen right on time. Otabek's eyes light up at the two plates on the table. "Good morning!" He greets happily, sitting down in front of Yuri.

Yuri smiles happily and takes a bite of the eggs. "Morning!" He replies with a mouth full of food. Otabek chuckles and eats his meal.

"What do you want to do today?" Otabek asks. Yuri ponders for a moment before responding. "Let's go to the park!" Otabek smiles. "Sounds great."

The two finish their breakfast quickly, eager to get to the park. Yuri sets their dishes in the sink while Otabek grabs his motorcycle gear. He hands Yuri a helmet when he steps into the garage.

The blond clips it on swiftly, beaming up at the taller raven. "All set!" He exclaims, hopping behind Otabek on the bike. He loves motorcycle rides. After all, they're an excuse to hug Otabek tightly.

Otabek turns the handle, and the two whizz to the park. There's no point in stirring up a conversation over the loud engine.

Living so close to the park, Otabek and Yuri arrive in only a few minutes. "We could have walked," Otabek says. Yuri shrugs. "Not as fun."

The Russian boy takes the ravens hand and they enter the park. Sounds of birds and various animals fill the greenery. Flowers blow in the wind beside their feet, bloomed to their brightest color.

Yuri smiles as wind blows his hair behind him, skirt frilling in the breeze. Otabek looks over to Yuri, staring. His eyes travel up and down Yuri's frame. Otabek's eyes aren't filled with lust, but love and pride.

Yuri notices his boyfriend staring and blushes, cheeks turning a deep shade of pink. Otabek finds this adorable, and kisses Yuri on the cheek. The small boy giggles.

Otabek guides Yuri over to a park bench, where the two sit down. He notices some boys in the distance staring at the beauty in his arms. Otabek sets an arm over Yuri's shoulder protectively.

Yuri hums softly, looking around. "It's so nice out!" He says happily, looking at the clouds. Otabek nods. The blond grins and looks over to their environment. "Isn't the view so pretty here?" He asks.

"Indeed." Otabek mumbles, but he wasn't looking at the surrounding greenery. His eyes were locked on the lovely person in his arms.

"I-I think I'm going to go get some water from the fountain over there." Otabek says, standing up. Yuri nods. "Okay! Don't be too long."

Otabek walks around a large bush to find the water fountain. He searches, remembering there must be one nearby. He scratches his head, looking around.

Meanwhile, Yuri plays with three strands of grass. He attempts to braid them, but the grass breaks in his fingers. He huffs, setting them back down on the ground.

Yuri hears footsteps nearby, so he looks up. He tilts his head when the people in front of him are not Otabek. "H-Hi!" Yuri stutters, a little shocked. Who are these people?

Three boys about Yuri's age stand in front of him, their arms crossed. They don't look too friendly, Yuri observes.

"Who are you?" One of them asks, kicking a pebble under the bench. The blond smiles. "I-I'm Yuri! And you are?" He replies cheerfully.

The mysterious boy chuckles and ignores his question. "Yuri.. such a weird name for a weird boy." Yuri's eyes fall to his feet. "S-Sorry."

The other boys laugh. One grabs Yuri's hoodie and pulls him to his feet. The Russian's eyes widen in fear, his toes barely brushing the ground.

"You should die." One of the boys snaps, kneeing Yuri in the stomach. The blond feels tears rim his eyes. "Aww, he's crying? Or should I say, it's crying?"

Yuri's face completely falls. He had been called bad things for his genderlucid appearance, but it was something new. It. Because I'm not valid enough to be considered alive.

Yuri helplessly sobs, tears wracking his small frame. "S-Stop." He says, trying to push the boy holding him away. Another boy cackles, slapping Yuri across the face.

"HEY!" A loud, angry voice booms across the park. The three boys holding Yuri look up to the speaker. Otabek stands firmly, eyes furious. "Put him the FUCK DOWN!" He shouts, running to the scene.

The three boys yelp, running away before Otabek can reach them. "Bastards!" Otabek shouts to them.

Yuri curls into a ball on the bench. A familiar, calm tone makes its way back into Otabek's voice. The raven cups Yuri's cheek, wiping away his fallen tears.

"T-They called me an I-It. A-And said I should d-die." Yuri sobs through hiccups, his eyes red and puffy. Otabek's heart shatters, but is filled with anger for the boys who hurt him.

He glances over his shoulder to where the boys ran away. I will singlehandedly murder them. He thinks to himself.

"You're none of those things, sunshine. No matter what they say, you are loved. You are valid." Otabek says, holding Yuri closely to his chest. The blond cries softly into his lover's muscular frame.

"I-I love you." Yuri says, a light smile playing at his lips. Otabek pecks his lips, grinning. "I love you too."

The breeze brushes through the park, sending loose flower petals through the air. Yuri smiles, eyes twinkling. He pushes the negative thoughts aside, and lets happiness radiate into him.

~

550 reads oh my! thank you guys so much for helping me reach this milestone 💗

-araeno