25 - Bigender (Part 3)

*Length: 1350 words
Part three of the bigender series. Yuri comes out to his family, how will they react?

~

Recap:

First Yuri came out to Otabek as bigender at the banquet. In part two, Yuri and Otabek went to the park. Yuri was rudely pushed around by some kids for his appearance. Otabek stood up for him.

Still using he/him pronouns for Yuri >.<
Requested
~

Yuri hums softly while sitting at the edge of his bed. He's nervous today. On this very day he will come out to his parents as bigender. He sighs, laying on the soft mattress beneath him.

How will they react? Will they still love me? He thinks to himself. Yuri thinks his parents will be accepting, but he's an optimistic person.

He sits up and hops out of bed, entering his closet. An array of various gendered clothes are in front of him. Should I wear a dress? Or boy clothes? He wonders, shuffling through his wardrobe.

Yuri sighs. He wants to wear a dress, but knows  it might be too sudden for his parents. He picks out a red flannel and skinny jeans instead.

Yuri's parents live nearby, right on the edge of the neighborhood. He clicks his tongue nervously as he walks down the stairs. He enters the kitchen and pours a bowl of cereal.

While spooning the food into his mouth, he thinks about how he should tell his parents. Something simple like, "I'm bigender" or something more complex and meaningful? Yuri sighs, putting his head on the table.

How could he come out if he didn't even know how to say it? Strands of his hair get soaked in milk but he's too deep in thought to care. His social anxiety isn't helping with the situation either.

He needs something to calm his nerves. Perhaps someone. Yuri picks up his phone off the table beside him and calls the person he knows will help, Otabek.

Otabek answers the phone quickly. "Hi!" He exclaims happily from the other end of the line. "H-Hi Beka." Yuri says softly. Otabek is taken aback by Yuri's change in tone. "Are you okay?" He asks. The blond boy sighs.

"I'm going to come out to my parents as bigender and gay today." He says, getting more nervous by the second. Otabek smiles, though Yuri cannot see it. "That's great, kitten. As long as you're ready, you have nothing to worry about. I'm here for you." He says, picking his words carefully.

Yuri lets out a breath of relief. He grins at his boyfriends speech. "I love you so much! I feel ready now." He says. "Want me to come with you?" Otabek asks. Yuri's eyes light up. "You'd do that for me? Thank you, thank you!" He cheers. Now he would definitely be confident enough.

Otabek laughs from the other end of the phone. "Of course. I'll be at your house in ten." He says. "Bye, Beka!" Yuri exclaims happily.

The raven haired boy hangs up and hops on his motorcycle, whizzing to his lover's house. It's only a few minutes before Otabek is outside Yuri's home.

He spots the blond haired angel sitting on his driveway. He chuckles. "I'm here!" He calls, grabbing Yuri's attention.

Yuri smiles and skips over to the bike, clipping on the helmet Otabek offers him. He hops on the seat behind the tall boy in front, grabbing tightly onto him for dear life.