21 - Highschool AU (Part 3)

* Length: 1636 words
Part three of the previous chapter! (Same summary applies)

~

YURI'S POV

My alarm wakes me up bright and early. I yawn, sitting up from my bed. Another day of school lies before me, and I don't look forward to it.

I pop out of bed and start to get dressed, putting on light blue button up shirt and jeans. My hair is super messy, so I use my brush to try and tame it a little.

I sigh and realize it's no use, putting the brush back down on my nightstand.

I walk into my bathroom and start brushing my teeth. Slipping some toothpaste onto my toothbrush, I start to clean my mouth.

Toothbrush time is thinking time for me. Thoughts fill my head as I cleanse my teeth. Surprisingly, most of my thoughts wander towards Otabek.

He lives right beside me, and his window lines right up to mine. We have a perfect view of each other unless the curtains are drawn shut. I was filled with joy when I realized that.

I spit out my toothpaste and exit the bathroom, slipping on shoes. I glance at my bedroom window. I spot Otabek in his own room, sitting on his bed without a shirt.

I find myself staring, but quickly snap from my daze and look away. He notices the movement from my room and looks up, spotting me. He waves.

I smile shyly and wave back, walking over to the window. Otabek does the same. He grabs something from out of view, and takes a pencil as well. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

He puts a piece of paper against the window, showing it to me. "Check your texts." It reads. I laugh. He must not realize the message is displayed backwards for me.

I take my phone out of my back pocket and turn it on, revealing a message notification from Otabek.

Need a ride to school?

I think about declining. I don't want to say no, but I'm scared I'll somehow mess things up between us. I want him to think I'm not as pathetic as I really am. I sigh. I do want to go with him.

Sure!

I reply. My fingers slightly shaky from excitement. I look up at Otabek through my window, and he's already staring at me.

I blush and look away, seeing another text from him.

I'll pick you up in ten minutes.

I grin and turn off my phone, waving to Otabek as he leaves his bedroom. I do the same, walking downstairs into the kitchen.

I prepare a quick meal of scrambled eggs, making sure to eat at a fast pace. I definitely don't want to be late.

After finishing my meal, I put my books and notes in my baby blue backpack. My whole outfit matches now, including my bag. I smile, doing a little twirl in front of my reflection in the fridge.

I leave the kitchen and shuffle to the front door, opening it. I look around outside and notice a motorcycle in front of my house. A motorcycle?