New beginning

The following year after Ian passed I moved to Valintime street on the other side of New York and transferred to East Side High.Today was the first day going back to school.

I woke up early and took a warm shower. While in there I let the water wash away my worries. I stepped out and put on my favorite pair of ripped jeans and a crop top. I struggled to put on my heels and skillfully curled my long brown hair. I stood in front of the mirror looking at myself. Today I was gonna make one hell of an impression.

************

I strutted into my first class 5 minutes late. I had history and being that it was my least favorite subject, I was in no rush to get there. I lightly tapped on the open door with my nails. At once all heads shot up off the desks and over to stare at me.

"Hi umm, I'm Katie I'm new here." I introduced myself to the young tall man teaching at the front of the class.

"Hello miss Katie, I'm your teacher Danny you can just grab a seat wherever and get focused."

His greeting was warm and genuine even though I was late. It took me by surprise that we address teachers by their first names here.

I walked slowly to the back of the class and took a seat in the back corner. I liked this seat because I was able to view everyone in the room. As I took in my surroundings I realized everyone was looking back at me and whispering.

I flipped my hair and took out my notebook trying desperately to ignore the stares I was getting when the boy next to me tapped my shoulder.

"Hey, Katie, was it?" he said trying to make small talk.

"Yea but you could call me Kay if you want" I smiled at him.

I had to say he was extremely gorgeous with his hazel eyes & tan skin. It was hard to stop myself from staring.

"Well Kay, what brings a pretty girl like you to our school?" he said chuckling and flashing a sexy grin.

"Well I just moved onto Valintime street and-"

"Wait Valintime street? I live a block away! So that's what the buzz about a new girl in school was about." he quickly cut me off.

"I wasn't aware that I was already the talk of the school." I said more to myself than anyone else.

"Well a girl as cute as you, I wouldn't be surprised." he replied.

Was he flirting with me? I could feel myself heating up as I blushed. This sexy and cocky boy was flirting on the first day of school? I don't even know his name yet.

Speaking of which, I looked over to meet his gaze and said

"You never gave me your name."

"I'm Chance. Chance Martin." he replied.

Two boys in front of us began to gawk at him.

"Leave it to Chance to flirt it up with the new girl." one of them said.

"Oh shut up Jacob we were just talking." Chance retaliated.

"Please forgive my rude ass friend but I'm Jacob and the other one's Jason." Jacob said leaning passed Chance to give me a pound and Jason nodded in my direction.

I couldn't believe how friendly people were here. Chance, Jason, Jacob and I continued to talk through Danny's lesson. By the end of class I got invited to sit with Chance and the boys at lunch. I also learned that my next class was study hall which I shared with Chance. I smiled at the thought. Today was starting off as a good day. Nothing could mess it up right?

Wrong.