The Search Continues

"fuuuckk!!" I yelled ramming my fist into the school wall.

I was so full of anger that the adrenaline couldn't allow me to feel the pain in my bloody knuckles. We were so close but I wasn't expecting to see Cameron, especially not with a gun. He could've killed us. His father owns a gun store and taught us both how to shoot back when we were best friends. He missed the shot on purpose. He either wasn't ready to kill us or wasn't planning to. Most likely the first one. I chuckled to myself.

"What the hell Chance? You said you needed help to save Katie from this psycho, I was never informed of him having a gun!" Jacob pressed once I stopped punching things.

"Shit, well neither did I!" I retaliated throwing up my arms.

"Come on guys fighting won't help save her. What do we do now?" Jason spoke up attempting to keep the peace.

I checked my watch.

"Its 8 in the morning. We have a few hours left to find out where-" I was cut off by my phone ringing in my pocket.

I dug in my pocket to see who thought this was a great time to call. When I checked the caller ID, I was surprised to see Blossom's name floating on the screen. I picked up tentatively and carefully raised the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I questioned. Instead of a response I began to hear a conversation between Katie, Cameron, and Bailey.

"Where are we going now?" Katie purposefully asked. I smiled at her smartness to make this phone call.

"Why is that your business?" Bailey questioned back refusing to disclose the information.

"Just tell the girl, it's not like she's gonna be alive for much longer to tell anybody." Cameron said confidently.

I continued to eavesdrop, mentally promising that kid a major ass whipping for even threatening Katie.

"We're going to our old tree house in the woods. You remember it don't you?" Bailey told her.

"You mean the middle of that secluded area behind your old house on Matilda street?" she said trying to be specific enough for me to find her.

By now both Jason and Jacob were on either side of me also listening in on the call.

"Someone has a good memory doesn't she?" Bailey said before laughing.

"I should say had since when we get there I'm gonna show you how it feels to lose your heart." She said after laughing.

"What?" Katie asked, the bravery in her voice wavering making her sound scared.

"We're gonna kill you, you dumb slut. If you don't want to love me then why do you need a heart?" Cameron said harshly.

"And if you can't love someone enough to be there for them when they die then you too should die. All alone with no one there who cares about you." Bailey added.

I could hear Kay's sharp in take of breath through the phone although it was clear she was holding it at a distance.

"Hey Cam where's my phone?" Bailey asked interrupting the growing silence.

That was all I heard before the dial tone reached my ears indicating that she hung up.

I raised my eyes slowly to meet the 4 eyes that watched me waiting for an answer.

"Come on we don't have much time." I said regaining my composure and hoping in the car, the boys hot on my heels.

I quickly typed Matilda street into the GPS and started the car. Jason jumped in shot gun and Jacob crawled into the backseat. The search was back on.

*********************

Whew! sorry this was so short guys it was just to get you ready for what's about to happen next. But on the great side I have over 350 read

:D

400 here we come! continue to read guys I promise the next chapter won't disappoint.