Breakfast with the Martins

I awoke with a headache. Every time I moved my brain seemed to knock against my skull. The light was too strong and it took a while for my eyes to adjust. When my vision became clear, I took in my surroundings.

From the ceiling fan above me I could already see this was not my room. Cautiously, I turned my head to the left. I could see a window with white curtains and a book case.

On the other side of the room lay a closet a t.v and many other things scattered across the room. Slowly I rose to my feet and made my way to the door.

I looked down at my clothes to find myself in a pink robe with black lace lingerie under it. "The party." I remembered as memories from that night flooded back into my head. "Shit. Cameron saw me kiss Chance."I thought of how he loudly left the party.

I tip toed down the hall and down the stairs. It is here where I realized i'd been in this place before. "This is Chance's house. Why would my mom let me stay here over night."I thought.

"Katie?" a low husky voice called from behind me at the other end of the hall. I whirled around to meet hazel eyes with light grey outlining.

"Chance!" I said the happiness audible in my voice as a wide smile spread across my face.

I rushed back to the room his head was poking out of. My pace slowed as his full body came into view. He was naked from the waist up. His muscles flexed as he stretched and shook the sleepiness from his body. The sweatpants he was wearing hung sexily from his waist revealing the V of his hips. When I realized I was sizing him up from head to toe I blushed a serious scarlet from my neck to my forehead.

"How you feeling?" he asked unconcerned with my staring only worried for my well being.

"Umm..good just a headache." I replied allowing my face to cool down.

"Why am I at your place?" I asked missing pieces of my memory.

"Well at the party you was gonna tell me about your old boyfriend when you started hyperventilating and blacked out . I called your mom and she told me it was a panic attack and to lay you on a bed and let you rest. So that's what I did you've been sleep ever since." Chance explained furrowing his brows and running a hand through his hair.

"Did she tell you?" I asked.

"That your boyfriend had a heart attack? Yea" he replied laying on his bed knowing I was talking about Ian.

I sat down next to him as the silence grew between us and thickened until it covered the room like a blanket.

"Did you take of my clothes?" I asked filling the silence.

"Yes but I didn't touch you or anything just put a robe on you. Nice underwear by the way." He said looking up at me and smirking.

My mouth formed a perfect o as I looked at him in horror.

"Relax I was joking I didn't see your underwear I just put the robe on you and slipped off the dress from the bottom." he said amused by my reaction.

"Ok whats today?" I said wondering how he got the party cleaned up so quickly.

"Its Sunday. Once you got hurt the party got shut down."

"Whoa stop. Did you just say it was Sunday?!?" I said hoping I heard wrong.

"Yea"

"I've been sleep for 2 days?!"I asked in disbelief.

"Sadly yes. I missed you."he said a hand over his chest as if his heart was injured.