Turned Down

I waited outside the gymnasium for Katie to come out. She began walking through the double doors with...hold up is that my EX GIRLFRIEND??!?

She approached me while Blossom stayed behind.

"Hey Cam, when you said you would see me later I didn't know you meant it in a literal sense." She said cheerfully and giggling.

"Well I did say I would make sure of it." I said smiling and purposely put my arm around her shoulder.

Blossom full on stared at us her eyes getting huge. The thought of her being jealous egged me on so I started twirling some of Kay's curls between my fingers.

"Heh um Kay I think I should go now I'll save you a seat in math." she said waving and speed walking frantically down the hall.

"I guess I'll walk you then." I said happy that Blossom bailed.

"Sure but I need to drop off some stuff in my locker first." Katie said strutting off in the opposite direction. For someone in heels she sure knew how to move. It took me a few seconds to catch up at her locker. She began throwing stuff in and transferring books to her bag. I leaned against a locker with my forearm.

In between this she asked me something I wasn't ready to share.

"What's up with you and Chance?" she asked nonchalantly.

"We just have a bad history together." I replied hoping she didn't want details.

"Seems to me that you really don't like him." she stated before trying to walk around me.

I grabbed her by her waist sending her body back in front of me.

"Yea but...I like you." I said placing my other hand on her hip. She looked up at me and bit her lip. But when I leaned in to kiss her she quickly slipped away from my reach.

"I like you too Cam but we're just friends." she said before taking off towards math class. I stood there stunned.

"Playing hard to get are we? Well I happen to know exactly how to win that game." I mumbled to myself and started walking to my next class.