Meeting Serena

I walked with Katie to our next class and observed her as she swayed her hips down the hall. Her hair fell in perfect tendrils halfway down her back. Her beautiful green eyes sparkled when she smiled and her smile lit up the room. She had a body many girls will kill for and a sensible fashion style but seemed oblivious. I wondered if she knew how many guys stared at her and how many girls glared. I was thinking about asking about her past when we arrived at study hall.

"Hey Washington, this is Katie she starts school here today." I told the old teacher at the front desk. He was the only teacher in school that didn't like being called by his first name. He nodded toward my general direction signaling he heard me. I followed Kay to the back of the class.

"He looks like he's ready to turn into dust. Isn't he too old to teach." Katie mumbled under her breathe. I don't think she realized she said it out loud until I bust out laughing to the point of tears.

"Cute and funny?" I joked when I over came the laughter. I took note of the small blush appearing on her face.

Compliments huh? That's what makes her blush? I would think she gets them all the time.

"So how are you liking it here so far?" I asked trying to get a conversation going.

"Its going great Chance everybody is so welcoming!" she lit up.

People have stopped her many times in the hall to introduce themselves on the way here. No doubt that had to do with her being drop dead gorgeous and not knowing it and of course being seen with me, the star basketball player.

"That's good. So why did you move down here from what I heard you was all the way on the other side of the city before?" I asked curious about her past.

She grew quiet and her eyes became misty as if she was day dreaming only that dream was a nightmare. Her gaze drifted to the window.

"No reason." she finally said her voice barely above a whisper. I had to find out what happened that could change her bubbly personality to gloomy so quickly. I could tell she was uncomfortable though so I decided to press her about it later.

"Fine then" I said pretending not to be interested. "Got a boyfriend?"

"No I don't do relationships. I rather have boy toys." She said confidently. "What about you?"

Before I even thought about my answer Serena walked in and took a seat on my lap. Serena has been my on and off girlfriend for the past few years. To be honest I wasn't even sure if I really liked her or if it was just a show to please kids outside of our popular clique. She was the head cheerleader and I the basketball star cliche I know.

"Well that seems to be my answer." Kay scoffed, rolling her eyes and moving her seat to leave Serena and I to our selves.

Dammit why does Serena need everyone to think we're an item.

*******

A/N

Its kinda short I know but how do you think Katie will respond to the news? Wasn't Chance just flirting with her? Find out in the next chapter.