Back to Reality

I floated in and out of consciousness, constantly fading out only to be greeted with Ian's face goading me back to reality. My mind was lost and jumbled pieces of memory together, making it hard for me to know what was happening.

One moment I was being half carried half dragged across the clearing. The next time I came back, I was in the arms of Cameron, too weak to struggle free as he carried me to the tree house. The third time I was conscious, I didn't peek into reality, I was up for good.

I opened my eyes immediately choking, coughing, and hacking up water from earlier when I was drowned. I tried to moved but I was strapped down to some kind of table. I was scared and soaked from head to toe. I was so cold it felt as if my bone marrow had frozen over. I could hear whispers to my left. I felt my self shiver and my teeth chattering as I spoke.

"W-where..A-am..I." I asked to no one in particular.

"See she's up now let's get this over with." Bailey said from somewhere in the room.

My vision became clearer and I could make out details of my old tree house.

Cameron came towards me as something caught a strand of sunlight and sparkled in his hand. When he was inches away from me I could tell that the shiny object was a knife.

"W-what are you d-doing?" I stuttered out of fear rather than the hypothermia I was catching.

"Shhh don't worry Kay this will be slow and painful. Try not to scream too much." Cameron cooed with Bailey by his side.

Memories from the car ride flooded my head. They were gonna kill me. I stared wide eyed at the two maniacs in front of me. Cameron tore what was left of my pajama shirt and let it flutter like a feather to the beat up floor of the tree house. Instinctively I moved as if to cover my bare chest, but couldn't under my restraints.

He raised the knife and sliced down my chest, slowly digging deeper. I let out a blood curdling scream, loud enough to make all the birds in our area take off. The blood immediately began to pool and run over the edge of the cut.

I yelled again as he made another gash in my chest that connected to the first to form a L. He was planning to cut a box over the spot and yank out my heart.

My heart rate quickened at the thought of dying here alone. All the bad things I've done replayed one by one in my head. I deserved what I got. I closed my eyes preparing to accept the pain, misery, and death when someone burst through the hatch on the floor.