The Search Begins

I woke up a few hours later a small amount of blood seeping through my head. I went to the bathroom quickly cleaning my cut and bandaging it. Someone had hit me really hard with a lamp I just can't remember who.

I want to believe it was Cameron but then I remembered something Kay said earlier about the letter not being from him. But who else could kidnap Katie? Who else had a motive?

My mind drifted back to the letter. The way the script curved. The way the I's were dotted. I've seen the hand writing before I was just too busy being mad at Cameron to notice other suspects. The answer was literally right under my nose the whole time. Now the question was why.

I climbed back out the window and began to walk the night street. I dialled Fern, Katie's mom, and told her what happened down to the confessions. She was hysterical on the other end of the line.

When I got home I seen a letter taped to my door.

Dear Chance,

Don't call the cops or she will be hurt

She was no longer concerned with who knew her identity because at the bottom of the note she signed

Love Blossom Bailey

I stopped Fern from hanging up.

"Fern don't call the cops." I said clearing my throat.

"What? This is my daughter we're talking about Chance. You can love her all you want but I will always love her more. I'm calling the cops."

"No wait Fern please I just got a letter from Blossom she's gonna hurt Katie if we call!"

The line was silent and I had to check my phone to see if she hung up on me. She spoke soon after her voice not even a whisper.

"Chance Martin, you have always been a good friend to Katie so I'll give you time. You have until tomorrow night to bring my baby home safe if not then I'll call the cops." she said slowly regret thick in her voice.

I let out the air I hadn't known I'd been holding. Before I could respond the line went dead. I sat on my porch making one last phone call. It picked up on the third ring.

"Where is she." I commanded jumping to my feet.

"Who is this 'she' you speak of" Blossom answered the devilish grin on her face audible through the phone.

"You have one chance Blossom-err- Bailey what ever the hell you're calling yourself." I fumed into the speaker.

"August 2nd" she said dryly into the phone.

"August 2nd?" I repeated eyebrows contorted.

"Yup. She's where she always wanted to be on that day and so are me and Cameron. Better hurry up tiger, you're running out of time." she said sickeningly sweet and hung up.

I felt my head as pain radiated through my skull assuring me that I'm not dreaming. Love should never hurt this much.

August 2nd. I repeated once more and my search into the past life of Katie began.

*****************

AUTHORS NOTE

Hello my lovely readers ik this was a short one but I feel so accomplished. 207 reads in a month yay hope u guys continue to share read and dont forget to vote.