Locked Up

I let my head loll about my shoulders as the blackness faded from my head. I opened my eyes slowly and sat up right. I was in a dark room. I could see basketball rims and concluded that it was a gym. I attempted to get up but realized that my arms were bound behind my back. When I tried to pull my hands apart the sharp pinch of metal bit into my wrists letting me know I was bound by hand cuffs.

I rocked onto my knees and stood up allowing my eyes to adjust to the darkness. I walked halfway across the wide gym floor before a chain cuffed around my right leg stopped my movement. What the fuck? Someone had me attached to a basket ball hoop restricting me from leaving like I was some kind of dog.

I looked around my caged room trying to remember how I got here. All I can remember was being pulled out from under the bed punched and carried to a car by Cameron. I could hear the laughter of a girl clear in my memories.

"Bailey." I gasped as realization flooded my body.

The lights of the gym flicked on in response to her name as if it was a secret code. The click of heels followed soon after along with a slow sarcastic clapping.

"Nice job Katie. What's wrong? Don't you recognize where your boyfriend died?" Bailey asked smirking as she approached.

I looked around the room once more. The school was shut down after his death. This is where it happened. This is where Ian had the heart attack during his basketball game. This is where I couldn't be there for him when he needed me most. A sob escaped my throat.

"That's right. You wasn't here after you claimed to love him. I would've been here... you know.. if you never stole him from me." she said calmly twisting one of the brown locks that came down from my bun to hang in front of my face.

I snatched my face away from her grasp.

"Don't you ever-" she began grabbing my bun and yanking my face closer to her. "Pull away from me."

I looked her in the eyes, drew in a breath, and spit directly in the middle of her forehead. Bailey's eyes grew wide and looked up watching the spit slide onto her nose. She shrieked at the top of her lungs and shoved me making me fall hard on my back and hand cuffs. I grimaced in pain.

"Ugh! Cameron take care of this bitch!" She screamed strutting off.

I rolled onto my side just in time to see sneakers coming in my direction. Cameron grabbed me by my shirt and lifted me to my feet.

"Still don't want to love me huh Kay?" he asked smiling.

I knew I was screwed if I said yes or no so I continued to be faithful to Chance.

"I will never love you Cameron." I said pronouncing every syllable clearly.

"Fine." he said simply pushing me lightly making me loose balance and fall on my butt.

"I'll be back in a few minutes and you will either make love to me or I'll take it by force." he said turning away from me and walking to the bathroom.

"But-but I'm a virgin. I-I'm saving myself." I sputtered at his threat.

"Yea. For me." he replied not bothering to look back at me.

I used my feet to push myself back into the corner where my chain is tied and cried silently to myself. Suddenly I regretted not telling Chance enough about my past to know where to find me. But he would still find me right? I doubted myself but it was all I had left to hope for.

"Chance where are you?" I whispered my voice sounding loud in the now empty gym. "I need you."