Old Friend

When Chance left, I sat alone with the letter. I know he thinks the letter is from Cameron but i know its not. This isn't his hand writing. I know only of one person who wrote like this and that person was Blossom.

Once coming to this conclusion I quickly texted her number.

Me: Blossom Idk what ur up 2 but some1 will get hurt. U have to stop.

I waited for a few minutes fiddling with my fingers. Soon a ping rang out from my phone telling me there's a new message.

Blossom: What ever r u tlking about Katie? :)

Her response angered me. I almost threw the phone but thought better of it. I called her instead. It picked up on the third ring.

"If it isn't little miss steal your man." Blossom spoke no emotion audible in her voice.

"I didn't steal anyone from you! We just met a month ago." I said sneering through the phone.

"Oh please Katie I know you remember me." Blossom said matter of factly.

I paused my anger to recall where I've seen her before. Slowly memories accumulated in my mind.  Long blond hair with bows. Eyes so grey they seemed black. A tall girl with a built frame. Script with heart dotted I 's.

It dawned on me. I have known blossom before this. Only her name isn't Blossom and she's not really blonde. I've already grown to love her as a friend prior coming to East Side High and I already broke her heart more than once.

Just as I was about to respond, Blossom spoke up.

"Speechless are we?" She said the sweetness in her voice becoming sickening.

"Bailey?" I asked unsure of what to say to my forgotten best friend forever.

"That's right Kay cakes. Didn't recognize me did you." she said confirming my fears by calling me by my old nick name.

"But-but you left. Y-you left the state." I said stuttering into the phone.

"No I lied. I wanted to get away from you.....to run away...so I told you I left the state so you wouldn't follow, trying to find me." I heard her shake her head and suppress a sob. "You broke my heart Katie. Wasn't once enough? You already have Ian! Why do you need Cameron and Chance too!? What happened to being faithful?" She began yelling at me hysterically.

Through her ranting I noticed she spoke of me and Ian's relationship in the present tense, as if it still existed. Then I realized she moved away long before he passed. She still thinks he's alive.

"Bailey.... Ian died last year." I told her deciding to be straight forward with it. I found it funny how I could tell her but I pass out when I try to tell Chance.

"Wait, W-what?" Bailey said her breathing uneven on the other line.

"I never even liked Cameron and I didn't know you was interested In Chance." I justified, not wanting to repeat the truth about Ian.

"You're soo dead to me Katie Martinez." She yelled relentlessly at me and I heard her bang on something as her tears and sniffles reached my end of the line.

"Please Bae bear, I never meant for any of this to happen you have to believe me." I pleaded with her hoping she wouldn't go through with her plan of revenge.

"It's too late for sorry Katie. Like the letter said the war has begun. Oh and don't you ever call me Bae bear again." she replied wickedly and hung up before I could respond.

I sat alone in my room debating whether I should get Chance or my Mom first. After reasoning that my mom was already safe at work I came to my conclusion.

I had to find Chance.